Skilled Area Sponsored Visa-190 subclass–Australia
1. What is required to be eligible to apply for the Skill Area sponsored visa?
The basic requirements of the applicant for a skill regional sponsored visa are:
o The age of the applicant should be below 49 years.
o The applicant should have proficiency in English language.
o The applicant has to be sponsored by State/Territory Government.
o The applicant has to nominate an occupation listed on the SOL.
2. What is a pool mark under the Australia Immigration Points test?
The marks required to keep your application in a reserve pool for a period of 2 years after the assessment if you are
unable to score the required pass mark. In case a lower pass mark is set at any point of time during these two years
and your pool mark meets the criterion then your application will be processed further.
3. Can I get sponsorship from one participating State/Territory and live in a highly populated area of the
No, it is mandatory for you to live or work or study in the area of sponsoring State/Territory of Australia.
4. What is the skilled occupation list (SOL)?
Skilled occupation list (SOL) provides the list of opportunities available in Australia for people who are on skilled
migration to Australia. The applicant has to nominate an occupation that matches with the skills, work experience
and qualifications. It is mandatory that your occupation is listed in the nominating state to apply for this visa and is
5. What is an Australian Study requirement?
The applicant must have completed 16 calendar months during his/her course of study, either for a single qualification requiring at least two (2) academic years study or for more than one qualification resulting in a total period of at least two (2) academic year study.
6. What is recent work experience?
To meet with recent work experience criteria of Australia state sponsored visa, you should be employed in an
occupation listed on the SOL. The employment should be at least for 20 hours a week in a paid position. The
employment should be at least for a period of 1 year out of 24 months immediately before lodging your visa
7. Can I stay in Australia whilst lodging the application?
Yes, you can stay in Australia whilst lodging the application unless there is a condition on your current visa that prevents you from staying in Australia.
8. What should I do if my dependent does not have functional English?
Dependents aged18 years and over have to pay second installment visa application charge if he/she does not have
9. Can I take my dependents along with me?
Yes, you are allowed to take your dependents to Australia along with you, provided they satisfy the requirements of
English language, health and character.
10. How can I find out if I am eligible to apply for the Skilled Area sponsored visa? How can I apply for the
Our Processing Team does a detailed review of your profile & assesses your age, education, work experience;
occupation & personal finances to determine if you are eligible to apply for the SAS visa.