1. When can be UK Visit visa granted?
It can be granted if:
- You want to visit the UK for leisure, eg as a tourist on holiday.
- You are from outside European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland.
2. How long will it take to get this visa approved?
You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK. You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks.
3. How long one can stay with this visa?
You can stay in the UK for up to 6 months with a General Visitor visa.
You can also apply for a long-term visit visa if you can prove you need to make repeat visits over a longer period. You can stay for a maximum of 6 months on each visit and your visa can last for 1, 2, 5 or 10 years.
4. What you can and can’t do?
You can study for up to 30 days, as long as it’s not the main reason for your visit.
- Take paid or unpaid work.
- Live in the UK for long periods of time through frequent visits.
- Marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership.
- Get private medical treatment.
- Get public funds.
5. Who can apply for long term visit visa?
- You can apply for long term visit visa if You would be able to prove that:
- You have a frequent and ongoing need to come to the UK.
- The reason for your need to come to the UK is unlikely to change significantly while the visa is valid.
- You plan to leave the UK at the end of each visit.