What is a SOP?.
The Statement of Purpose is the single most important part of your application that will tell the admissions committee who you are, what has influenced your career path so far, your professional interests and where you plan to go from here.
The SOP is your chance to talk directly to the admissions committee. To make you stand-out among a multitude of similarly qualified candidates. To convince the committee that you have the spark, the thirst for knowledge that could add value to your class.
A good SOP will certainly improve your chances of getting admission to the school of your choice, and even compensate for weaker portions of your application such as less-than-perfect grades.
What is a LOR?
Recommendation letters are a crucial piece of your graduate school application. It discusses the student in detail and provides evidence to support those statements
It is important that a recommendation letter be written by someone who knows you well academically
How is a SOP written?
SOP will be framed in such a way that it covers the below mentioned aspects:
- Why do you want to study only this degree?
- Why do you want to study at this particular college / University?
- Why did you choose to study in this particular country?
- How much and what kind of experience you have in your field?
- Is your experience related to your choice of degree?
- If you are already experienced, what additional skills are you planning to gain from the degree?
- What are your plans after the graduation / post-graduation?
- What are your expectations from both the graduate program, and the university?
- How can you contribute to our university and our program?
- Apart from work and education, what are your hobbies, interests, and habits?
- What are you like, as a person? Tell more about your personality
- Why do you think you will fit in this program?
- What is that one unique aspect/characteristic about you that we should know?
How should a LOR be written?
- Begin with a standard, formal letter-writing convention.
- Introduce yourself. Cover your qualifications and how you know the candidate.
- Be specific about the candidate’s qualifications and successes.
- A well-written Letter of Recommendation should also be relevant to the program that the student is applying for.
- Explain why they will be effective, productive workers. Include examples.
- Give a personal testimony and why they will be a great addition culturally.
- Write a formal business closing and sign your name.
Who can write your SOP / LOR?
When I asked career experts for their advice on choosing a SOP & LOR writing service, the common thread in the responses was to choose a certified professional writer.
The other important factor was choosing an SOP & LOR writer who is a good fit. That means taking the time to talk to professional writers, review sample SOPs & LORs, check references, and to be sure you’re hiring an individual you’re comfortable working with.
Be sure that someone from the service will get to know you well enough to produce an SOP & LOR that not only sounds good but accurately reflects your actual background. Ideally this will involve an interview with your writer and the opportunity to get in touch with them for further dialogue and revisions after they create their first draft. You are guaranteed of the satisfaction that ensures the process doesn’t end until you are happy with your document.
When do you write your SOP & LOR?
- When you are looking to go for higher studies to pursue your interests in more depth and to gain an internationally recognizable qualification
- Obtaining letters of recommendation for graduate school is just part of the application process, but those letters are a crucial component.
10 Tips on SOP
- Write Stories… Not Statements, because connect with stories, statements don’t.
- Quantify your Stories: Your story should not read like a thesis; your story must contain measurable quantities instead of just stories, so the admissions officer can understand the depth of it.
- Be Specific: You don’t have to really dig into details.
- Customize your Essay: for the university you are applying.
- Use a Formal but Conversational Tone: Imagine you are talking to your dean, or the director of your college.
- Portray Yourself: Decide how you want to portray yourself. Your “intelligence” can be conveyed by how you write.
- Be honest: Don’t create stories… be yourself; write great stories only if you have great stories; admission officer can spot a true applicant from a false applicant.
- Proofread: Proof read every word before you submit the SOP. Seriously, even one misspelled word could put you in the “do not consider” pile.
- Keep it concise: Try to keep your SOP as short as possible—ideally one or two pages maximum.
- Be professional: Remember, this is a business document, so don’t include unnecessary embellishments like flashy paper or a picture.
5 Tips on SOP
- Suggested areas of information about the candidate to include in your recommendation:
- How long and in what capacity you have known the candidate
- General duties, responsibilities, or assignments of candidate
- Specific accomplishments or achievements
- Knowledge of subject matter
- Write few words about competence, organizational skills, problem solving ability, judgment, initiative, creativity, resourcefulness, leadership
- Ability to relate to and work for and with others
- Work attitudes such as commitment, dependability, enthusiasm, integrity, motivation, potential for success and growth
- Avoid any comments referring to the candidate’s age, sex, disability, race, color, national origin, or religious belief.
- Proofread: Proof read every word before you submit SOP. Seriously, even one misspelled word could put you in the “do not consider” pile.
- Keep it concise: Try to keep your LOR as short as possible—ideally one page, two pages maximum.
- Be professional:Remember, this is a business document, so don’t include unnecessary embellishments like flashy paper or a picture.
- IELTS minimum 6.5 bands overall / TOEFL 80 (varies with course and university) for graduate, and IELTS 6 bands or equivalent tests scores for undergraduate
- GRE may be required
- GMAT is mandatory for Business related programs and 2-3 yrs of experience
- SAT/ACT may be required for undergraduate programs
Step 1: We receive your payment confirmation and an agreement, duly signed
Step 2: Discuss your expectations and requirement with your assigned writer
Step 3: Writer will prepare your SOP & LOR
Step 4: Correction / modifications will be done upon request and can finalize SOP & LOR
- A dedicated and knowledgeable Process Consultant (PC) will be assigned to your profile within 24 hrs after you sign up to take care of your case.
- Your PC will contact you to collect information regarding your credentials.
- Your consultant will be able to answer all your queries in 24 hrs. If there is any case specific query where the concerned department’s consultation or if any research is required, you will have to allow the consultant additional time.
- SOP & LOR will be prepared as per your requirement.
This is a Non- Refundable service.
10 Good Reasons Why Choose Y-Axis
- We are an established Market Leaders in overseas careers with company owned and operated branch in your city. We do not have franchisees. Most of our customers come to us through word of mouth which we built based on trust and quality over the years.
- We are a one stop shop for all your overseas career needs.
- You get the benefit from our extensive knowledge base which we have accumulated from processing thousands of cases similar to yours.
- We have a pulse on global trends in careers and immigration and always have updated information which we share with you through our weekly newsletters and email alerts.
- We have rock solid financial credentials that you would seek in the company when you would be making an investment of a large sum and the outcome is critical to your life and career.
- We are system driven and have transparent processes and costs. All our offices are designed keeping this principle in mind–the reason why you will notice a lot of see through glass.
- We conduct business in good faith and you will notice that our agreements are fair and reasonable.
- We help you search for a job and settle down. Our Job Search Services Department is one of the strengths of our company.
- We have the best consultants in the market who are competent, committed and experienced. You will notice this yourself.
- We are competitively priced and offer flexible payment options and charge on a success fee basis. If we don’t deliver, we refund.
For more details please Contact Us.
Y-Axis SOP Writing Service
Admissions officers receive hundreds of SOP & LOR on a daily basis. An SOP is the first step and an LOR is one of the crucial documents of any application for grad / post grad program and an SOP that is well written, articulate & compelling helps one cross the very first essential barrier.
- The Y-Axis SOP & LOR Writing Service includes building an International and Professional SOP & LOR..
- Once you have signed up for our service, you will be assigned a Professional Writing Consultant from our team who will work on your SOP & LOR. You will be required to fill in a Data Collection Form online. However our Process Executive will coordinate with you to assist you with it.
- The Y-Axis Writing Consultant will send you the First Draft of your SOP & LOR within 5-7 business days.
- You are then requested to revert to us with the feedback within 2 days from the date of receipt of the first draft.
- The Y-Axis Writing Consultant will then make further changes to your SOP & LOR and send you the final copy within 2 days.
- You then have a professionally written SOP & LOR that you can use wherever you want.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.