UK Settlement visa will give you a chance to settle in the country. Owing to this, it becomes important to all those willing to settle in UK, to understand the eligibility criteria for the same. To start with, for a child born in UK, to non British citizens needs at least one parent to be a citizen of the country.
The benefits of the settlement visa:
Once you get an Infinite Leave to Remain [ILR] or a settlement visa, you will be permitted to live and work in UK, free from all restrictions. Unlike the ones with Limited Leave to Return[LLR], the ones with an ILR have been given the freedom to access public funds. They can also claim job seekers allowances and other benefits just like the citizens of UK.
Holding an ILR also permits you to pay fee at the home student rates at the UK Universities. Your eligibility for this visa depends on a minimum of five year stay in the country with a work permit. Being a highly skilled migrant under the Tire 1 or Tire 2 of the new point based system is also important.
Are you eligible?
A combination of all the above mentioned requirements can prove to be extremely beneficial in acquiring the UK Settlement visa. Other criteria for eligibility include having a four years HSMP Judicial Review residing in UK as the spouse of a citizen for a minimum period of 2 years and proving your English skills. A new born child of a citizen of UK automatically acquires citizenship of the country.
Coming to the visa application fee, it varies when you apply as an individual or for your dependents. It also varies depending on whether you apply in person or by post. Contact us for more details.
- Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) or Settlement status gives the freedom to live and work in the UK without any restriction.
- Unlike people with Limited Leave to Remain (LTR) in United Kingdom, Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) holders do have access to public funds.
- The wordings “No recourse to public funds” is not written in ILR holders’ visas. As a result, they are able to claim job seekers allowances and other benefits which are usually available to UK citizens.
- ILR holders also pay Home Student (i.e. UK citizens) rates on educational institutions in UK.
- Five years of continuous residence in the UK as a work permit holder, a Highly Skilled Migrant, under Tier 1 or Tier 2 of the new Points Based System, or a combination of any or all of the above with no more than 180 outside the UK in any 12 months.
- Four years’ HSMP Judicial Review.
- Two years residence in the UK as the Spouse of a British Citizen or a Settled Person.
- New born Child of a settled person.
- Pass the life in the UK test and prove your English language skills.
Who you’re applying for
Apply by post
Apply in person (premium service)
If you’re a citizen of Turkey or
£1,875 per person
£2,375 per person
Application Fees: Joining your partner – £ 1464.
You may also have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application.
- Documentation Guidance.
- Assistance with the sample formats.
- Assistance with the Application filling.
- Guidance on application submission.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.