This visa allows a skilled worker travel into Australia to work in his/her nominated occupation for that person’s approved sponsor (employer) for up to four years.
Before an employee can apply for a Subclass 457 visa, he /she should have an employer who is a standard business sponsor and also must have applied for a nomination with the DIBP for the sponsoring applicant.
Employers who already known (standard business sponsor) can file for the nomination of the employee and once the nomination is approved, the applicant will have to lodge the visa application within 6 months.
Employers, who are not eligible sponsors, should apply to become one first and then file for employee nominations. Sponsorship and Nomination applications can also be made simultaneously.
There are many obligations for an employer to become a business sponsor and to nominate an employee. Employer is required to meet the requirements set by the department of immigration for an eligible sponsor based on the business tenure, critical requirement of positions, training benchmarks, if they have checked that there are no Australian citizens /PR holders available to occupy these positions, the salary being offered to the nominating employee and many other requirements.
- Applicant(Nominated Employee) is allowed to work in Australia for up to four years. In the current system till the new changes come into action, those who hold occupation in MLTSSL will get up to 4 yrs a 457 visa with one onshore renewal allowing a pathway to PR and those with occupation in the combined list and not listed in MLTSSL will get up to 2 yrs with one onshore renewal. This visa will be abolished with new changes from March 2018.
- Can bring your family to work or study in Australia.
- Travel in and out of Australia as often as you want.
- If you have to change the job, the applicant may not require to apply for a new visa(unless expired), however, the new employer is required to file a new nomination which has to be updated to the department.
You might be able to get this visa if you:
- Have been sponsored by an approved standard business sponsor
- Nominated under a skilled occupation that has been approved by the Australian Government
- Have the required skills to fill a position nominated by an approved standard business sponsor.
- English requirements, Registration /License(if applicable)
- Eligible to work only in the nominated occupation
- Satisfy health, character and other skills requirements
- Have adequate health insurance unless you are covered by Medicare
- Can include your partner, dependent children and family members
- Eligible sponsor (Standard business sponsor) application fee (for employer): AUD420
- Nomination application fee (for employer): AUD330
- Visa Application fee for Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457) is AUD1,080 for the main applicant, AUD1,080 for any additional applicant above 18 years and AUD270 for any additional applicant below 18
Y-Axis Process Includes:
Professional guidance and advice provided in preparing a petition for Employer Eligible sponsor application, Employer nomination application & Applicant visa application.
- Document checklist
- Complete Application Processing
- Forms, Documentation & application Filing
- Updates & Follow-up with the relevant departments if required, till the decision is received
Why should you file your migration petition this month?
Why should you not delay?
Rules may change. Everything has a quota!
Immigration rules are volatile and governments are always debating whether to close the door or whom to close the door on. Don’t take the rules for granted. Apply now when you are eligible! You may not be eligible, a few months from now.
You save time
If you postpone your decision, you end up in the same career junction even next year. Take a decision and advance your career right now.
You aren’t growing any younger!
Most countries have an age limit and it gets stricter as you grow older. You may not be eligible even a year later. And then as you get older, your ability to adjust to new surroundings also decreases.
Apply now – you may also earn extra points for age!
Your kids adjust faster when they are younger
Your kids adjust better and learn faster when younger. Remember, this opportunity is for them too.
Better in every way
If you are not married, it will improve your profile and get you a better partner.
It is never a bad thing to hold a PR visa that allows you to work & live overseas.
It is never a bad thing to hold an additional UK, Australia, Germany or Canadian Passport.
No kids? Even better
If you are married and do not have children yet, your kids born within the country will become Naturalized Citizens automatically.
You may change your mind
You or your spouse may change your mind later and may miss on something good in your life and for your children.
Treat your migration petition as an investment for the future – yours and your children. Apply for it now, watch it mature later. Avail of the benefits all your life.
So, why should you sign up now, because you need to strike when the iron is hot!
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.