Application for an Australia PR is a multiple stage process. The first stage involves in filing for your Expression of Interest and application for State Sponsorship. EOI is nothing but an application form that expresses your intention to migrate and settle in Australia before the Immigration office. The online form consists of a series of questions related to your profile like education, work skills, English language proficiency and additional personal details which have to be submitted online through a tool called SkillSelect.
An applicant also needs to mention the type and subclass of visa he/she intends to avail from the Australian government, including sponsorship details from a particular state/territory government; one or all the Australian states and territories. There are other questions as well, which need to be filled without any errors lest it gets rejected.
To help you with this process, Y-Axis has specially customized its service offering – Australia EOI & State Sponsorship through RMA. Our partner RMAs will assess your profile and work on the EOI and State Sponsorship submissions on your behalf.
Feel free to write to us for more details and one of process consultants will get in touch with you to take the process forward.
After invitation to apply for the visa by the Immigration Authorities, you will have a 60 day period to submit your online visa application
In order to receive the invitation by the Australian government, you must also fulfill the following criteria:
- Your occupation should be a nominated by Australian state/territory in case of 190 & 489 (Regional sponsored) sub classes.
- Should have a positive skills assessment from the respective authority.
- You should be under 45 years of age.
- You should meet the criteria for English language requirement.
- You should score the required points.
- You, your spouse & children should meet the health & character requirements
To be eligible for an invitation you have to earn a minimum of 60 points on the points scoring system. Your invitation letter will specify the required score and you should be able to support the same at the time of submitting your application.
- Age: Age of the applicant should be between 18 -45 years, which can help them score anywhere between 15 to 30 points depending upon the point scoring system.
- Proficiency in English: You should prove that you are proficient in English by submitting your IELTS test scores. You should pass the IELTS exam and have a minimum score of 6 points in all its components. You are exempt if you are a citizen of or hold a valid passport for countries like: United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, United States of America and Republic of Ireland. You should have a proficient or superior level in the IELTS exam to qualify for the proficiency required for the visa subclass 489. If your level of English is Proficient (score of 7/8 or more in all the components) you can score anywhere between 10-20 points. The IELTS test results are required at the time of application.
- Nominated occupation: The applicant should nominate himself/herself for an occupation on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) for visa subclasses 189 and 489 (if sponsored by a relative).
- Skill Assessment: It is necessary that an applicant gets a positive skill assessment for a nominated occupation, before filing for an EOI.
- Maintenance funds: The applicants should show sufficient funds for maintenance so as to get sponsorship from an Australian state or territory.
- Points can also be earned on the basis of criteria listed below:
- Overseas Experience (Experience outside Australia): Applicants can claim between 5-15 points for having three/five/eight years in the last 10 years, for overseas experience under their nominated occupation.
- Overseas Qualification (Qualifications outside Australia): Applicants can score between 10-20 points for qualifications at the Bachelors, Master’s or PhD levels that are recognized by Australia’s skill assessment body. A relevant assessing authority for the nominated occupation can determine if your qualification is comparable to Australian standards of qualification.
- Australian Work Experience: Applicants can claim between 5 to 20 points for having a full-time paid employment in Australia, for a period of one/three/five/eight years, in his/her occupation.
- Australian Study: Applicants can claim between 5-15 points, for Australian study qualifications lasting two academic years or more.
- Partner Skills: Applicants can claim up to 5 points under partner skills, if their partner satisfies the basic criteria for age, fluency in English language, qualifications and score of the skills assessment test. A partner should obtain positive scores from the skill assessing authority and favorable language test scores, in order to prove their competence in English language. Occupation nominated by the spouse should be from the same list as the one chosen by the primary applicant for his/her visa application
- Professional years/ Credentials in community language: Applicants can score up to 5 points for completing a Professional program in Australia for a period of 12 months in the last 4 years; or for earning a Credential for community language as a Para-professional translator by NAATI.
- Sponsorship by a State/Territory: Applicant’s nominated occupation should be listed in the respective state list and he/she should meet the eligibility criteria that are set by the state. The applicant needs to commit that he/she would live and work in the designated state/territory for a period of 2 years.
- Specified Regional Areas: An applicant must have lived in regional Australia or a low population growth metropolitan area for at least two years, if the applicant is nominated for a visa by a state/territory under this area. These regional areas are listed by the respective postcodes and states in the table below.
Regional and low population growth metropolitan areas:
Regional and low population growth metropolitan areas
New South Wales (NSW)Anywhere except Sydney, Newcastle, the Central Coast and Wollongong
2311 to 2312, 2328 to 2411, 2420 to 2490, 2536 to 2551, 2575 to 2594, 2618 to 2739, 2787 to 2898
Queensland Anywhere except the greater Brisbane area and the Gold Coast
4124 to 4125, 4133, 4211, 4270 to 4272, 4275, 4280, 4285, 4287, 4307 to 4499, 4515, 4517 to 4519, 4522 to 4899
Victoria Anywhere except the Melbourne metropolitan area
3211 to 3334, 3340 to 3424, 3430 to 3649, 3658 to 3749, 3753, 3756, 3758, 3762, 3764, 3778 to 3781, 3783, 3797, 3799, 3810 to 3909, 3921 to 3925, 3945 to 3974, 3979, 3981 to 3996
Western Australia Anywhere except Perth and surrounding areas
6041 to 6044, 6083 to 6084, 6121 to 6126,6200 to 6799
- Health requirements:
Your health standards must adhere to the stipulated parameters. The results of your health check are generally valid for 12 months. The same is applicable for all your dependent family members who are included in your application, regardless of their intention to migrate.. You have to undergo a health check up, by authorized doctors appointed the Australian government, at the time of submitting your visa application.
- Character requirements:
You are required to produce a police certificate for each country you have resided in for a period of 12 months or more in the past 10 years, post turning 16 years of age. The same is applicable for all your dependent family members who are above 16 years of age and included in your application, regardless of their intention to migrate.
Debts to the Australian Government:-
- You must have no outstanding debts to the Australian Government or have arranged to repay any outstanding debts to the Australian Government before this visa can be granted.
- Family Members: You can include your family in your visa application, who could be:
- Your partner (married or de facto).
- Yours or your partner’s dependent children (or step children).
These family members must meet the minimum criteria for inclusion in your visa application, as your family. You must provide documentary evidence to establish your relationship. Your family members must meet the stipulated health and character criteria, regardless of their intention to migrate.
Dependents above 18 years of age need to prove their fluency in English language by submitting educational documents, where English is the medium of instruction (or) by submitting the IELTS test score of 4.5 & above (or) by paying the second installment of the visa application charges towards English requirements. You can add your family members in your application at the time of filing for the visa.
NOTE: Please ensure that your occupation is listed in Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) if you would like apply for 189 sub class & 489 sub class relative sponsored visa. If you would like to apply under 190 sub class state sponsored visa your occupation should be in the respective state list.
For this service the only the State Sponsorship fees is applicable – Varies between AUD$200- AUD$800 (if applicable)
Our deliverables for an Australia visa registration are:
- We will assign a registered migration agent (RMA) to work on your case, from our partner office in Melbourne, Australia. The RMA will initiate your application process, post receiving documents that are duly verified by our agent & a signed service agreement with your consent to process the visa on your behalf.
- A Process Consultant will be assisting you and our RMA, from our local office in India and work on your documentation and query resolution with prior consent from the RMA.
- Our RMA will provide step-by-step guidance during each stage of visa processing.
- We will provide you a stage-wise document checklist that will give you a clear picture of all the prerequisites for clearing each stage. We also suggest alternative documents that could suffice, in case of exceptions.
- Provide sample documents and assist you with the filing, wherever necessary.
- Our RMA will oversee document submissions and represent you to the concerned Assessing and Immigration authorities in Australia (wherever required).
- Comprehensive advice will be extended on the documentation pertaining to health and character reports.
This visa allows you and your family to:
- Stay in Australia for a period of four years.
- Live, work and study in a specified regional areas of Australia
- Travel outside Australia indefinitely till the validity period.
- Make a pathway for a permanent visa in Australia.
*You are not eligible for any benefits on this visa.
Y-Axis Immigration Department
- We offer documentation processing, application & filing services for those interested in immigrating.
- Our Immigration Processing Department ranks amongst the best in the world. A strong research team ensures that cases are evaluated and processed as per the latest rules and regulations.
- Our experience at having filed thousands of applications has resulted in a strong & comprehensive case study database.
- Our offices across the Indian Subcontinent and Overseas make us the only consultant in India with a widespread presence, because of which we file the highest number of application from India. We have the highest success rate & over 50% of our business comes from referrals & word of mouth.
- There are five countries that currently have a point based immigration program. Point based immigration is a good option for those who want to work & settle overseas.
- There are a number of categories under which an applicant can file his/her application. You can either apply independently /a relative can sponsor you / an overseas Employer can sponsor you Or the country itself can sponsor you. Applicants whose occupations are in demand usually get bonus points & faster processing. Each country has their specific list of occupations.
Why should you file for a migration petition this month without delay?
Visas have a quota system and rules keep changing!
Immigration rules are volatile and governments are always debating whether to close the door or whom to close the door on. Don’t take the rules for granted. Apply now when you are eligible! You may not be eligible, a few months from now.
Take a decision to advance your career today; don’t leave your chance of a career abroad for tomorrow.
You aren’t growing any younger!
Most countries have an age limit for immigrating and rules get stricter as you grow old. Wait for a year more and you might find yourself ineligible to apply for certain visa categories! What adds to is the fact that people find it difficult to adjust to new surroundings as they grow older.
Apply now – you earn extra points for age!
Not only would you able to adjust to your surroundings faster but your children also will grow up learning and adjusting to the surroundings they grow in.
Single? – You could find better suitors.
Live and work abroad with a permanent residency without the hassle of visa renewals.
Holding an additional UK, Australia, Germany or Canadian Passport allows you to get a visa on arrival in many countries.
Grow your family
Your children become Naturalized Citizens automatically if they are born in your country of settlement.
Think this through!
Think it through before you change your mind, your migration petition is an investment on your future – both yours and your children’s’. Sign up now and strike the iron when it’s hot!
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.