This is a permanent residence visa for points-test skilled workers who want to work and live in Australia. It is a Permanent Resident Visa which will allow you to live and work for 5 years in Australia.
To be able to apply for this visa, you must first submit an expression of interest and then be invited through Skill Select. If you receive an invitation, you will have 60 days to apply online for the visa. During that time, you cannot change the information in your expression of interest.
What does the visa let you do?
This visa lets you and any family members who have also been granted this visa to:
- Stay in Australia indefinitely
- Work and study in Australia
- Enrol in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses.
- Apply for Australian citizenship (if you are eligible).
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence.
- Travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted (after that time, you will need a resident return visa or another visa to return to Australia).
You must score at least 60 points against points test factors to be eligible to be invited to apply for this visa. Points are awarded on the basis of the factors listed below;
- Age: The age of the applicant should be between 18 -45 years.
- English language:The applicant should prove that he/she meets the English language of competent or vocational level by submitting the test results before the application is lodged. One would meet the English Language threshold (IELTS 6 bands in all the components- Competent English) if holds a valid passport and is a citizen of one of the following countries: United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, United States of America and Republic of Ireland. English languages: IELTS/PTE/TOFEL iBT/CAE
- Nominated occupation – The applicant should nominate an occupation on MLTSSL to his/her skills, qualifications and recent work experience.
- Skill Assessment – It is mandatory for an applicant to get a positive skill assessment for a nominated occupation before the application is lodged.
- Maintenance funds -Fund maintenance is not mandatory for all states. Few states want the applicant to declare funds. Few states request for fund declaration.
- Health & character requirements – The applicant has to meet with health and character requirements.
Points can also be earned on the following eligibility criteria
- Overseas Experience points (Experience outside Australia) – The applicant for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program can claim points for having three/five/eight years of overseas experience in the nominated occupation in the last 10 years.
- Overseas Qualification points (Qualifications gained outside Australia): The applicant for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program can claim points for recognized qualifications which is at a level of Bachelors or higher or PhD. or holding qualifications that are assessed by the assessing body during the skills assessment.
- Australian Study – The applicant for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program can claim additional points for Australian study for a qualification which is a course of at least two Academic years or more.
- Live and Study in Regional Area: The applicant can claim additional points, if the Australian study requirement of living and studying in a ‘regional low population growth metropolitan area’ for at least 2 years in Australia, is met.
- Australian Experience – The applicant for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program can claim points for having worked in Australia in one of the occupations, in a full-time paid employment.
- Partner SkillsThe applicant should prove that he/she meets the English language of competent or vocational level by submitting the test results before the application is lodged. One would meet the English Language threshold (IELTS 6 bands in all the components- Competent English) if holds a valid passport and is a citizen of one of the following countries: United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, United States of America and Republic of Ireland. English Languages accepted by DHA(DIBP earlier): IELTS/PTE/TOFEL iBT/CAE
- There are 5 points granted for Professional years for at least 12 months done from Australia in the last 4 years and Credential community language qualification points if you have been assessed as a Paraprofessional translator by NAATI.
Benefits:Securing kids future/prospects/career prospects by providing permanent residency.
NOTE: As per the recent update from DHA (DIBP earlier) effective 19/4/2017 there are 216 occupations that are restricted for State Sponsorship. Please ensure that your occupation is listed in Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) if you would like apply for 189 subclass & 489 subclass relative sponsored visa. If you would like to apply under 190 subclass state sponsored visa your occupation should be in the respective state list.
Application Fees for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program:
- Skill Assessment fee – AUD $300-AUD $2200
- State Sponsorship fee- Varies from AUD $200- AUD $600 (if applicable)
- Education Assessment (if applicable) – AUD $60 – AUD $300
- Medicals/Registration– case specific
- DHA(DIBP earlier) Application Fee: AUD $3670.
- Dependents below 18 years of age: AUD $920.
- Dependents above 18 years of age: AUD $1835.
- Dependent English Requirement Fee: AUD $4885 (This fee is applicable only if the spouse or the dependent is unable to score 4.5 overall in IELTS and has not completed his/her graduation in English Medium)
- Provisional visa Extended pathway visa fee: AUD $320;Dependent above 18 years: AUD $160;Dependent below 18 years: AUD $80
Our Full Service & Processing Includes:
- Document checklist.
- Complete Migration Processing & Application Processing.
- Forms, Documentation & Petition Filing.
- Guidance on acquiring the specific Police Clearance Certificate.
- Assistance with Medicals.
- Updates & Follow up with the Department of Home Affairs (DIBP earlier).
- Visa Interview Preparation – if required.
- Job Search Assistance.*
*These services are provided at an additional cost.
Y-Axis Immigration Department
- We offer documentation processing, application & filing services for those interested in immigrating.
- Our Immigration Processing Department ranks amongst the best in the world. A strong research team ensures that cases are evaluated and processed as per the latest rules and regulations.
- Our experience at having filed thousands of applications has resulted in a strong & comprehensive case study database.
- Our offices across the Indian Subcontinent and Overseas make us the only consultant in India with a widespread presence, because of which we file the highest number of application from India. We have the highest success rate & over 50% of our business comes from referrals & word of mouth.
- There are five countries that currently have a point based immigration program. Point based immigration is a good option for those who want to work & settle overseas.
- There are a number of categories under which an applicant can file his/her application. You can either apply independently /a relative can sponsor you / an overseas Employer can sponsor you Or the country itself can sponsor you. Applicants whose occupations are in demand usually get bonus points & faster processing. Each country has their specific list of occupations.
Why should you file your migration petition this month?
Why should you not delay?
Rules may change. Everything has a quota!
Immigration rules are volatile and governments are always debating whether to close the door or whom to close the door on. Don’t take the rules for granted. Apply now when you are eligible! You may not be eligible, a few months from now.
You save time
If you postpone your decision, you end up in the same career junction even next year. Take a decision and advance your career right now.
You aren’t growing any younger!
Most countries have an age limit and it gets stricter as you grow older. You may not be eligible even a year later. And then as you get older, you ability to adjust to new surroundings also decreases.
Apply now – you may also earn extra points for age!
Your kids adjust faster when they are younger
Your kids adjust better and learn faster when younger. Remember, this opportunity is for them too.
Better in every way
If you are not married, it will improve your profile and get you a better partner.
It is never a bad thing to hold a PR visa that allows you to work & live overseas.
It is never a bad thing to hold an additional UK, Australia, Germany or Canadian Passport.
If you are married and do not have children yet, your kids born inside the country will become Naturalized Citizens automatically.
You may change your mind
You or your spouse may change your mind later and may miss on something good in your life and for your children.
Treat your migration petition as an investment for the future – yours and your children. Apply for it now, watch it mature later. Avail of the benefits all your life.
So, why should you sign up now, because you need to strike when the iron is hot!
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.