Let us start by understanding what ‘Regional Australia’ means. Australian Government has designed some specific areas in the entire country especially to promote immigration. These areas together are referred to as ‘Regional Australia.’
It includes New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria (excluding Melbourne Metropolitan area), Western Australia (excluding Perth and areas surrounding it), South Australia, Tasmania, and Northern Territory.
What’s the Significance of Regional Australia?
Working in Regional Australia gets you extra points when you apply for a PR. Now, Australia Regional Sponsored Migration Direct (Subclass 187) is for those skilled workers willing to relocate to Regional Australia permanently. It is a part of Permanent Employer Sponsored Visa Program.
In order to apply for this visa, a person can be in or outside Australia. For applying from inside Australia, the applicant must hold a substantive visa or some sort of bridging visa. This visa type is different from Australia Regional Sponsored Migration Transitional (Subclass 187)
This visa has three streams:
Temporary Residence Transition Stream
Holders of subclass 457 who have worked in the nominated occupation for more than 2 years and are being sponsored by their employer are eligible for this stream.
Direct Entry Stream
- people who have never, or only briefly, worked in Australia
- people who have been nominated by their employer under the Direct Entry stream
- Temporary residents who do not qualify for the Temporary Residence Transition stream
People with nomination from an employer through a labour agreement are eligible for this stream.
You can talk to our experts to get more details on the same. Your application will be processed by RMA (authorized agent for DIBP). Your application will be represented by RMA to the concerned processing body(DIBP). RMA will be able to communicate with the Australia immigration department regarding your application with your consent.
You might be able to get this visa if you:
- Have been nominated by an approved Australian employer for a job in regional Australia (regional Australia does not include the Gold Coast, Brisbane, Newcastle, Sydney, Wollongong or Melbourne)
- Are younger than 50 years of age, unless you are exempt
- Meet the skills, qualifications and English language requirements, unless you are exempt.
- Apply under the stream for which you were nominated
Temporary Residence Transition stream:
- You might be able to get this visa under the Temporary Residence Transition stream, if:
- You are the holder of a Temporary Work (Skilled) visa(subclass 457) and you satisfied the primary criteria for that visa
At the time you make your application, you must provide evidence with your online application that:
- You have at least vocational English (unless you are exempt from this requirement) or have completed at least five years of full-time study in a secondary and/or higher education institution where all of the instruction was in English
- You have worked for two years in the position your employer nominated you for while you held your Temporary Work (Skilled) (subclass 457) visa as the visa holder who satisfied the primary criteria
- Your employer has nominated you for a permanent position under this stream and the nomination has been approved
- You meet the requirements for health and character
- Your skills do not need to be assessed because you have already worked for your nominating employer for two years in Australia
Direct Entry stream:
You might be able to get this visa under the Direct Entry stream if one of the following applies to you
- Have been nominated for a position under this stream and that nomination has been approved
- You have never, or only briefly, worked in Australia
- You hold a Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457), but do not qualify for the Temporary Residence Transition stream
- You are applying directly from outside Australia
At time of application lodgment, you must provide evidence with your online application that you:
- Have at least competent English(unless you are exempt from this requirement)
- Meet the skills requirements, unless you are exempt. Please note that if you require a skills assessment, some skills assessments are issued for the purpose of a Subclass 485 visa. Skills assessments which have been obtained for the purposes of a Subclass 485 visa are assessed solely on qualifications and do not assess the applicant’s work experience. As a result, these types of skills assessments are not appropriate to demonstrate skills under the RSMS program.
The skills requirements are:
- If your occupation is listed on the relevant legislative instrument, and you have not obtained a necessary Australian qualification suitable to your occupation, then you must obtain a valid skills assessment prior to your application. Skills assessments obtained for a Subclass 485 visa will not be accepted as they are not considered full skills assessments for permanent skilled migration purposes. A skills assessment is only valid until the expiry date specified on the assessment, or for a period of three years from the assessment’s date of issue, whichever occurs first.
- If your occupation is listed on the relevant legislative instrument, and you have obtained a necessary Australian qualification suitable to your occupation, then you must provide this as evidence towards meeting the skills assessment criteria.
- If your occupation is not on the relevant legislative instrument, you must demonstrate that you have the qualifications listed in ANZSCOas necessary to perform the tasks of your occupation.
You might not have to meet the skill assessment and qualification requirements if you:
- Have nominated earnings at least equal to the current Australian Taxation Office top individual income tax rate (currently AUD180 001)
- Are in Australia as the holder of a Special Category visa(subclass 444) or a New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship visa (subclass 461) and have worked with your nominating employer in your nominated occupation for the past two years (not including any period of unpaid leave) in the three years before you apply for this visa
You might be able to get this visa under the Agreement stream, if you are being sponsored by an employer through a tailored and negotiated labour agreement. Your employer can advise if such an agreement is in place for your industry or occupation.
You must meet the age, skills and English language requirements stated in the agreement.
You must meet certain health requirements. The results of your health examinations are generally valid for 12 months.
This applies to all dependent family members included in your application, whether they are migrating or not.
You are able to organize your health examinations upfront before lodging a visa application.
You must meet certain character requirements. You must be prepared to provide a police certificate from each country you have lived in for 12 months or more during the past 10 years after you turned 16 years of age. Do not arrange for police certificates until we ask you to.
This also applies to all dependent family members in the application who are 16 years of age or older.
|Visa subclass||Base application charge||Non-internet application charge||Additional applicant charge 18 and over||Additional applicant charge under 18|
|Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186)||$3670||N/A||$1835||$920|
|Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187)||$3670||N/A||$1835||$920|
For applicants who have turned 18 at the time of application and who are assessed as not having functional English the second installment is:
- Main applicants AUD9800
- Secondary applicants AUD4890
Our Full Service & Processing Includes
- You will be assigned a Registered migration agent soon from our office in Melbourne, Australia who shall initiate your application process, after your details are checked by our agent and receiving a signed service agreement
- You will also be assigned a Process executive from India, who will be assisting your Registered migration agent to co-ordinate with you and providing required assistance on the application documentation and related queries with RMA’s consent and approval
- Advise on the complete process stage-wise by RMA
- Provide you the document checklist stage-wise and assisting you with the requisites and the alternatives
- Provide documents samples and assist you with inputs wherever necessary
- Representing your file and submission of your application with the concerned Australian assessing authorities (where applicable) and immigration department
- Advise on health and character requirements
Y-Axis Immigration Department
- We offer documentation processing, application & filing services for those interested in immigrating.
- Our Immigration Processing Department ranks amongst the best in the world. A strong research team ensures that cases are evaluated and processed as per the latest rules and regulations.
- Our experience at having filed thousands of applications has resulted in a strong & comprehensive case study database.
- Our offices across the Indian Subcontinent and Overseas make us the only consultant in India with a widespread presence, because of which we file the highest number of application from India. We have the highest success rate & over 50% of our business comes from referrals & word of mouth.
- There are five countries that currently have a point based immigration program. Point based immigration is a good option for those who want to work & settle overseas.
- There are a number of categories under which an applicant can file his/her application. You can either apply independently /a relative can sponsor you / an overseas Employer can sponsor you Or the country itself can sponsor you. Applicants whose occupations are in demand usually get bonus points & faster processing. Each country has their specific list of occupations.
Why should you file your migration petition this month?
Why should you not delay?
Rules may change. Everything has a quota!
Immigration rules are volatile and governments are always debating whether to close the door or whom to close the door on. Don’t take the rules for granted. Apply now when you are eligible! You may not be eligible, a few months from now.
You save time
If you postpone your decision, you end up in the same career junction even next year. Take a decision and advance your career right now.
You aren’t growing any younger!
Most countries have an age limit and it gets stricter as you grow older. You may not be eligible even a year later. And then as you get older, you ability to adjust to new surroundings also decreases.
Apply now – you may also earn extra points for age!
Your kids adjust faster when they are younger
Your kids adjust better and learn faster when younger. Remember, this opportunity is for them too.
Better in every way
If you are not married, it will improve your profile and get you a better partner.
It is never a bad thing to hold a PR visa that allows you to work & live overseas.
It is never a bad thing to hold an additional UK, Australia, Germany or Canadian Passport.
No kids? Even better
If you are married and do not have children yet, your kids born inside the country will become Naturalized Citizens automatically.
You may change your mind
You or your spouse may change your mind later and may miss on something good in your life and for your children.
Treat your migration petition as an investment for the future – yours and your children. Apply for it now, watch it mature later. Avail of the benefits all your life.
So, why should you sign up now, because you need to strike when the iron is hot!
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.