An applicant can qualify for the Quebec Skilled Worker category if they hold either a validated job offer in Quebec or achieve sufficient points on the Quebec Selection Grid.
The Quebec Immigration selection system for Quebec Skilled Workers is designed to indicate which applicants are likely to become economically established upon immigration to Quebec. Quebec Skilled Worker/Professional applicants intending to reside in Montreal or another city in the Province of Quebec are selected based upon a different set of criteria that applicants who wish to settle elsewhere in Canada.
To qualify for a Quebec Selection Certificate, Skilled Worker/ Professional applicants must score enough points under the Quebec Immigration selection system below. A single applicant must score at least 50 points based on the criteria below. An applicant with a spouse or common-law/conjugal partner must score at least 59 points.
Up to 14 points (Cutoff Score = 2 points)
Area of Training
Up to 12 points
Validated Employment Offer
Up to 10 points
Up to 8 points
Up to 16 points
Up to 22 points
Stay and Family in Quebec
Up to 8 points
Spouse/Common-law partner Characteristics
Up to 17 points
Up to 8 points
Knowledge of French and English:
The following tests and diplomas are recognized by the Ministère:
- the Test d’évaluation du français adapté pour le Québec(TEFAQ) of the Chambre de commerce et d’industrie de Paris Île-de-France (CCIP-IDF);
- the Test de connaissance du français pour le Québec(TCF-Québec) of the Centre international d’études pédagogiques (CIEP);
- the Test d’évaluation du français(TEF) of the CCIP-IDF;
- the Test d’évaluation du français pour le Canada(TEF Canada) of the CCIP-IDF;
- the Test de connaissance du français(TCF) of the CIEP;
- the Diplôme d’études en langue française(DELF) of the CIEP;
- the Diplôme approfondi de langue française(DALF) of the CIEP.
- For the evaluation of French knowledge, level 7 (advanced intermediate) or its equivalent (level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) is the minimum threshold from which points are awarded.
- The principal applicant can obtain a maximum of 16 points for knowledge of oral and written French, including 7 points for oral comprehension, 7 points for oral production, 1 point for written comprehension and 1 point for written production.
- The spouse of a candidate can obtain a maximum of 6 points for oral French knowledge, including 3 points for oral comprehension and 3 points for oral production.
- For the evaluation of English knowledge, level 5 (intermediate) of the Canadian Language Benchmarks or its equivalent is the minimum threshold from which points are awarded.
- The principal applicant can obtain a maximum of 6 points for knowledge of oral and written English, including 2 points for oral comprehension, 2 points for oral production, 1 point for written comprehension and 1 point for written production.
Quebec Skilled Workers/Professionals Processing Fees are as follows:
Spouse, de facto spouse
Each dependent child
The fees required must be paid in full, in Canadian currency only, by you or by a third party. These fees are non-refundable, even if your application is refused or rejected.
Visa Fee:$550 CAD for Principal Applicant and Spouse, $150 CAD for each kid.
Right to Permanent Resident Fee: $ 490 CAD for Principal applicant and Spouse
In addition to the application fees the other fees applicable are for:
- Medical examination.
- A police clearance certificate, if it is required as part of the crime and security check and.
- Language testing, as required.
Quebec Processing time :
Quebec PR is a two-stage process.
The 1st stage is divided into three sub-stages as mentioned below: Quebec Skilled Worker has to undergo the below three sub-stages in the 1st stage.
- Verification of documents submitted
- Preliminary review
- Selection review
The 2nd stage is a federal application process which includes submission of Police Clearance, Medicals, and Visa Stamping
After verification of documents, the average time required to complete the processing of a file is 12 months.
- Document checklist with IELTS scores – for any three countries
- Settlement Funds criteria – for any three countries.
- Credential Assessment services.
- IELTS guidance document.
- Police Clearance Certificate procedure.
- Provide guidelines on experience letter format.
- Self-declaration templates.
- Reference letter templates.
- Premium Member will get Free administrative services.
- Medicals guidance.
Y-Axis Immigration Department
- We offer documentation processing, application & filing services for those interested in immigrating.
- Our Immigration Processing Department ranks amongst the best in the world. A strong research team ensures that cases are evaluated and processed as per the latest rules and regulations.
- Our experience at having filed thousands of applications has resulted in a strong & comprehensive case study database.
- Our offices across the Indian Subcontinent and Overseas make us the only consultant in India with a widespread presence, because of which we file the highest number of application from India. We have the highest success rate & over 50% of our business comes from referrals & word of mouth.
- There are five countries that currently have a point based immigration program. Point-based immigration is a good option for those who want to work & settle overseas.
- There are a number of categories under which an applicant can file his/her application. You can either apply independently /a relative can sponsor you / an overseas Employer can sponsor you Or the country itself can sponsor you. Applicants whose occupations are in demand usually get bonus points & faster processing. Each country has their specific list of occupations.
Why should you file your migration petition this month?
Why should you not delay?
Rules may change. Everything has a quota!
Immigration rules are volatile and governments are always debating whether to close the door or whom to close the door on. Don’t take the rules for granted. Apply now when you are eligible! You may not be eligible, a few months from now.
You save time:
If you postpone your decision, you end up in the same career junction even next year. Take a decision and advance your career right now.
You aren’t growing any younger!
Most countries have an age limit and it gets stricter as you grow older. You may not be eligible even a year later. And then as you get older, your ability to adjust to new surroundings also decreases.
you may also earn extra points for age!
Your kids adjust faster when they are younger:
Your kids adjust better and learn faster when younger. Remember, this opportunity is for them too.
Better in every way:
If you are not married, it will improve your profile and get you a better partner.
It is never a bad thing to hold a PR visa that allows you to work & live overseas.
It is never a bad thing to hold an additional UK, Australia, Germany or Canadian Passport.
No kids? Even better:
If you are married and do not have children yet, your kids born in the country will become Naturalized Citizens automatically.
You may change your mind:
You or your spouse may change your mind later and may miss on something good in your life and for your children.
Treat your migration petition as an investment for the future – yours and your children. Apply for it now, watch it mature later. Avail of the benefits all your life.
So, why should you sign up now, because you need to strike when the iron is hot!
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.