New Zealand has a modern, prosperous and developed market economy. New Zealand was ranked 5th in the “most developed” country according to the United Nations Development Programme. New Zealand is heavily dependent on international trade.
New Zealand is a predominantly urban country, with 72 percent of the population living in 16 main urban areas and 53 percent living in the four largest cities of Wellington (capital city), Auckland, Christchurch, and Hamilton. New Zealand cities generally rank highly on international livability measures.
Skilled migrant category Residence visa:
- Skilled migrant category visa is the residence visa granted for skilled professionals with intent to settle permanently in New Zealand.
- To apply under the Skilled Migrant Category New Zealand, you must meet the basic requirements.
- You need to be aged 55 or under.
- You also have to meet the NZ standards of health, character, and English language proficiency before you start the process.
- Y-Axis Has The Best Professional Staff For Visa NeedsReview By: Harpreet Singh Y-Axis has the best professional staff for your visa needs in my opinion. They give you very precise tips and information, and it immensely helps you get quick and positive results from the embassy. After you… Continue Reading → The post Y-Axis Has The Best Professional Staff For Visa Needs appeared first on Y-Axis Customer Reviews. […]
- Efficient Cordial And Provides Excellent ServiceReview By: Sibghatullah Quadri this is our second experience with y-axis .first for US visa second for Australian visa , For US visa our consaltant was Mr Anil Kumar and for Aus Mr Shiva . we are happy with both… Continue Reading → The post Efficient Cordial And Provides Excellent Service appeared first on Y-Axis Customer Reviews. […]
- Y-Axis Is One Of The Best Immigration Consultants And I’m Glad To Have ChosenReview By: Koushik Mohan Y-Axis is one of the best Immigration consultants and i am glad to have chosen rightly when i decided to migrate to Australia. It was such a pleasant experience i had from the start to the… Continue Reading → The post Y-Axis Is One Of The Best Immigration Consultants And I’m Glad To Have Chosen appeared first on Y-Axis Customer Reviews. […]
Resident visas and Job Search visas
If they feel that the applicant has the ability to settle in NZ successfully contributes to New Zealand, and they will offer you a resident visa.
If they feel you have the potential, but want to see how you settle, they can give you a job search visa, based on which you can use to help obtain an offer of skilled employment in New Zealand for up to nine months. If you obtain skilled employment in this time you will have shown your ability to settle and contribute, and your residence application will be approved by the department. The applicants who meet the requirements of skilled employment or Job offer or studies from New Zealand will be considered as meeting the ability to settle in NZ successfully, all other applications will be assessed to check if they meet the ability to settle and can be decided accordingly whether to grant a residence visa or job search visa.
The SMC Job Search visa is an opportunity to seek skilled employment in New Zealand. It is not a guarantee of work, a job offer, or of residence. Immigration New Zealand advises against the sale of assets, the termination of children’s schooling, and the shipping of household items to New Zealand until an applicant’s residence status is fully approved. You must also carry enough funds while travelling to New Zealand towards your stay and other expenses, if you were granted a Job search visa.
Residence visa granted will allow you work and settle in NZ for at least 24 months and travel indefinitely. After completing 24 months you will be eligible to apply for a Permanent resident visa considering you were a resident for a total of 184 days or more in each of the two 12-month portions of the 24 months immediately preceding the permanent resident visa application. You do not have to provide any extra evidence, other than your passport(s).
Citizenship: You need to have, lived in legally in New Zealand for five years (formerly three years) before applying for citizenship, depending on when you were granted residence.
Benefits for NZ Permanent Residents
Most permanent residents are eligible to become citizens after a waiting period of 5 years residence. Permanent residents enjoy many of the rights and privileges of citizens, including voting and access to free or subsidized legal and health services and education.
Benefits of permanent resident status include:
- Unrestricted rights to live, work and study in New Zealand.
- Right to apply for New Zealand citizenship after fulfilling normal residence requirements.
- Domestic fees for education.
- Right to sponsor relatives for permanent residence, subject to fulfilling residence criteria and assurance of support requirements.
- Children born inside New Zealand will be New Zealand citizens by birth.
- Right to access medical and social security benefit.
An applicant must meet at least 100 points to get automatically selected from the pool , where the selection process will be held every fortnight.
Points can be granted on various factors like Age, skilled employment or Job offer from NZ, recent work experience in an occupation as per Long-term skills shortage list, Spouse Job offer, Spouse qualifications, Family or close relatives in New Zealand.
Basic Requirements to apply:
To apply under the Skilled Migrant Category New Zealand, you must meet the basic requirements. You need to be aged 55 or under. You also have to meet the NZ standards of health, character, and English language proficiency before you start the process.
Expression of Interest:
This is the first step towards making an application. If you qualify and meet the required threshold points of 100-140, you can submit an Expression of Interest (EOI), in which you claim points for skills, experience, and other factors.
EOI pool and the pool draw:
If you have claimed 100 points or more on your EOI, it goes into the Pool. Every fortnight, all EOIs over 140 points are automatically selected for an invitation to apply. After this, lower scoring EOIs with certain factors, such as skilled employment in New Zealand, are selected.
All non selected application can still remain in the pool for at least 6 months and can be sent invitations based on the requirement. If you are not receiving a response within the 6 months of application made date your application is considered as ceased.
Invitation to Apply:
Once your EOI is drawn from the pool, NZ will examine it and if they find it credible, you will be send an Invitation to Apply (ITA). You will have to show proof of the claims made on your EOI. This means medical and police certificates, proof of English language ability, and documentation regarding your skills, experience, and other factors.
The application form sent along with the invitation contains the information that you provided in your EOI. You will check the information and return back with the documents in support of the claims made in the application.
The SMC residence application will be assessed based on the date the application is made towards residence visa. So, one must ensure that though the EOI is approved the same criteria remains and you are eligible for all the claimed points even at the time of visa application made.
The application for a residence visa must be made anytime within the 4 months from the date of invitation received in response to the EOI submitted.
Once they receive your application and documents towards the residence visa, they will start assessing your application for residence.
They shall assess you on your ability to settle in New Zealand successfully and they can also interview you if required.
Qualification Assessment (if required)*
Fee towards Application for Residence
For applicants aged five and over
For Applicants below the age of five
* New Zealand Qualification Assessment (if required):
If your qualifications are not listed in the recognized institutes exempted from assessment, you need a Pre-assessment result to file your EOI application and upon approval must get the International qualifications assessment completed.
** If there are more than four people included in a single application, the migrant levy is only payable by the four oldest family members.
Evaluation: 48 hours
New Zealand Authorities Process Time (EOI application): 20-30 days after EOI pool draw.
New Zealand Authorities Process Time (Residence visa application-SMC): 12 -24 months.
NZQA Pre Assessment: NZ$138, Process time will be 20-30 days.
NZQA Full Assessment: NZ$746, Process time: 35 to 40 days.
10 Good Reasons Why choose Y-Axis
- We are the established Market Leaders in overseas careers with company owned and operated branch in your city. We do not have franchisees. Most of our customers come to us through word of mouth which we built based on trust and quality over the years.
- We are a one stop shop for all your overseas career needs.
- You get the benefit from our deep and extensive knowledge base which we have accumulated from processing thousands of cases similar to yours.
- We have a pulse on global trends in careers and immigration and always have updated information which we share with you through our weekly newsletters and email alerts.
- We have rock solid financial credentials that you would seek in the company when you would be making an investment of a large sum and the outcome is critical to your life and career.
- We are system driven and have transparent processes and costs. All our offices are designed keeping this principle in mind–the reason why you will notice a lot of see through glass.
- We conduct business in good faith and you will notice that our agreements are fair and reasonable.
- We help you search for a job and settle down. Our Job Search Services Department is one of the strengths of our company.
- We have the best consultants in the market who are competent, committed and experienced. You will notice this yourself.
- We are competitively priced and offer flexible payment options and charge on a success fee basis. If we don’t deliver, we refund.
For more details please Contact Us.