New Zealand Skilled Migrant Category allows all foreigners with essential skills to migrate and settle in New Zealand permanently.
This program is a points-based scheme that allows you to work in New Zealand with access to complete Labour market. The SMC residence visa is issued for 2 years initially and can be converted to a PR with ease after successfully settling in New Zealand and meet the residence requirements. This is a family visa where you are eligible to apply for your spouse and dependent children for a residence along with your application. You can get your Citizenship after 5 years following your New Zealand residence status.
It is very important for any applicant to get an evaluation and consultation from a licenses immigration adviser of New Zealand before taking a decision to migrate to New Zealand. You will be given a details analysis report and a consultation explaining your eligibility, points , requirements, costs and processing times defining your complete immigration strategy by a licensed immigration adviser.
We are here to help you with this! You can register with our partnered licensed advisers for an Evaluation and consultation to know your prospects in migrating to New Zealand.
- Y-axis Was Very Well Knowledgeable About The Whole ProcessReview By: Ganapathy K R The consultant, Afroz Syed, at Y-axis was very well knowledgeable about the whole process and helped me with all my queries. The process would had been difficult without the continued support from the team at… Continue Reading → The post Y-axis Was Very Well Knowledgeable About The Whole Process appeared first on Y-Axis Customer Reviews. […]
- My Experience Overall With Yaxis Has Been DecentReview By: Nikitha Krishnamurthy My experience overall with Y axis has been decent…..I feel that the employees need to be more proactive and knowledgeable in terms of the entire process and documentation….There have been instances wherein i had to consult… Continue Reading → The post My Experience Overall With Yaxis Has Been Decent appeared first on Y-Axis Customer Reviews. […]
- Y-Axis Support Had Been Extremely Good For Australia PR ProcessingReview By: Dev Ravindran Y-Axis support had been extremely good for Australia PR processing. My Process consultant, Mr. Jonathan, had been very supportive in providing clear PR process requirements, documentation requirements and time frame for each of the sub-activity. I… Continue Reading → The post Y-Axis Support Had Been Extremely Good For Australia PR Processing appeared first on Y-Axis Customer Reviews. […]
Details on Residence visa - Skilled migrant category
Skilled migrant category visa is the residence visa granted for skilled professionals with intent to settle permanently in New Zealand.
To apply under the Skilled Migrant Category New Zealand, you must meet the basic requirements.
- Be under 56 years of age.
- Meet the English language requirements.
- Nominate an occupation on the INZ’s List of Skilled Occupations and meet the entry-level requirements for that occupation.
- Meet the registration requirements if the chosen or nominated occupation is a regulated occupation in NZ; and
- Meet the health and character requirements.
After you apply for a residence visa
Based on the applicant’s ability to settle in NZ successfully and his/her strong ties and commitment, a Job seeker visa or direct residence visa can be granted.
Job seeker visa is issued for 9 months which will allow you to search jobs and the applicant is required to have sufficient funds towards the stay in New Zealand. The SMC Job Search visa is an opportunity to seek skilled employment in New Zealand. It is not a guarantee of work, a job offer, or of residence. Family is not allowed to accompany an applicant on Job seeker visa. After obtaining a Job offer, the applicant is allowed to file a residence visa and can include his/her family to New Zealand.
Residence visa granted will allow you work and settle in NZ for at least 24 months and travel indefinitely. After completing 24 months you will be eligible to apply for a Permanent resident visa considering you were a resident for a total of 184 days or more in each of the two 12-month portions of the 24 months immediately preceding the permanent resident visa application.
Citizenship: You need to have, lived in legally in New Zealand for five years before applying for citizenship.
An applicant must meet at least 140 points to get automatically selected from the pool , where the selection process will be held every fortnight.
Applicants with points above 100 and below 140, will have good chances only if they have a Job offer from New Zealand or they meet at least 135 or above with maximum points on absolute skills. It is recommended to have a Job offer if the applicant’ s score is below 140 and above 100.
Points can be granted on various factors like Age, skilled employment or Job offer from NZ, recent work experience in an occupation as per Long-term skills shortage list, Spouse Job offer, Spouse qualifications, Family or close relatives in New Zealand.
Principal applicants under the Skilled Migrant Category meet the minimum standard of English if they provide a Test Report Form (no more than 2 years old at the time the application is lodged) from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), showing they achieved an overall band score of at least 6.5 in the IELTS General or Academic Module or may also provide the recognized qualifications completed in the medium of instruction English. It is the immigration officer’s discretion to insist on any test scores even after producing the qualifications.
May also be required for your partner.
The applicant will need to have sufficient funds towards cost of living, travel and relocation. For a Job seeker visa, you would need to show funds of 1000$ per month for total 9 months which will be checked.
- Expression of Interest NZ$510 (approx. US$420).
- NZQA Pre Assessment: NZ$138, Process time will be 20-30 days.
- NZQA Full Assessment: NZ$746, Process time: 35 to 45 days.
- Resident Visa – Skilled Migrant Category NZ$1500 – NZ$2,400 (depending on where you are currently residing).
- Migrant Levy NZ$310 per successful applicant aged five or over, NZ$155 per successful applicant aged under five years.
* New Zealand Qualification Assessment (if required):If your qualifications are not listed in the recognized institutes exempted from assessment, you need a Pre-Assessment result to file your EOI application and upon approval must get the International qualifications assessment completed to submit with your residence visa application.
** If there are more than four people included in a single application, the migrant levy is only payable by the four oldest family members.
***Other costs like Notary, translation, courier charge, DD charges will also exist and these costs vary based on the 3rd parties.
Stage 1: Applicant is required to complete a qualifications assessment from NZQA( if applicable)Expression of Interest.
Stage2: Applicant is required to submit an Expression of interest with Immigration New Zealand(INZ)
Stage3: Following a invitation received from INZ in response to your invitation, you are required to apply for your residence visa at the nearest processing centers. The processing centers vary as per the applicants country of residence.
Qualifications assessment (if applicable): 2-3 months. *May vary as per the processing department.
Any registration or license required: 3-4 months*May vary as per the processing department.
Visa process time: 18 - 24 months to get the Visa from the date of filing the application with the New Zealand Immigration Office. However, the processing timelines will vary w.r.t to the flow of applications and the annual cap availability.
As per New Zealand immigration rules, it is mandatory to process an application or take an immigration advice from a Licensed immigration adviser. Y-Axis has partnered with a Licensed immigration advisers in New Zealand for the promotion of New Zealand Immigration Services in India.
10 Good Reasons Why Choose Y-Axis
- We are the established Market Leaders in overseas careers with company owned and operated branch in your city. We do not have franchisees. Most of our customers come to us through word of mouth which we built based on trust and quality over the years.
- We are a one stop shop for all your overseas career needs.
- You get the benefit from our deep and extensive knowledge base which we have accumulated from processing thousands of cases similar to yours.
- We have a pulse on global trends in careers and immigration and always have updated information which we share with you through our weekly newsletters and email alerts.
- We have rock solid financial credentials that you would seek in the company when you would be making an investment of a large sum and the outcome is critical to your life and career.
- We are system driven and have transparent processes and costs. All our offices are designed keeping this principle in mind–the reason why you will notice a lot of see through glass.
- We conduct business in good faith and you will notice that our agreements are fair and reasonable.
- We help you search for a job and settle down. Our Job Search Services Department is one of the strengths of our company.
- We have the best consultants in the market who are competent, committed and experienced. You will notice this yourself.
- We are competitively priced and offer flexible payment options and charge on a success fee basis. If we don’t deliver, we refund.
For more details please Contact Us.