Hong Kong for sure is one of the most happening places in the world. From advanced technology, great infrastructure to highest level of skilled migrant workers - Hong Kong has it all. Now, it opens up Hong Kong Quality Migrant Admission Scheme (QMAS).
It is an entrant scheme which aims to attract talent from different parts of the globe to increase its economic competitiveness in the world market. Thus, maintain the tag of being a significant financial center in Asia.
Hong Kong calls skilled foreign workers to its turf to live and work there. Allows them to migrate with their families i.e. their spouse and children below 18, and explore related employment opportunities.
The process of filing for QMAS is simple. It requires you to take any one of the two point based tests - General Points Test or Achievement Based Points Test. These tests ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria such as the age, education, language, experience, character, and financial resources.
Once you clear the test and obtain the required score, visa application can be filed with Hong Kong Immigration Department. The application goes through the selection process conducted by the department and the results are shared on the official website and a notification is sent to you thereafter. If the application is selected, the applicant will receive an approval-in-principle, followed by issuance of Visa/entry permit.
Check eligibility with Y-Axis. Good if you can talk to our immigration experts prior to initiating the process.
- Helped Me In All The Stages Of The Journey So FarReview By: Anshu Jha Thank you Pavan for great help in my Australian PR.I am deeply thankful and continue to do the great work Y axis and Pavan Kumar Duggu. I am very happy with Pavan Kumar Duggu’s performance regarding my… Continue Reading → The post Helped Me In All The Stages Of The Journey So Far appeared first on Y-Axis Customer Reviews. […]
- Received Invite From AustraliaReview By: Kanchan Pradeep Fantastic!!!! 3 Days – Application for Visa 5 Days – Received Invite from Australia Not Fake…. This is a complete shocker! Kranthi recommended the 489 visa and constant follow-up via emails and follwing up with me on… Continue Reading → The post Received Invite From Australia appeared first on Y-Axis Customer Reviews. […]
- I Have Received My Australian PR With FamilyReview By: Deepak Vincent I am writing this letter as a humble note of appreciation for the outstanding assistance and guidance provided by YAxis Vijay Koradi (Asst. Team Lead – Australia)I have received my Australian PR with family on 6th of… Continue Reading → The post I Have Received My Australian PR With Family appeared first on Y-Axis Customer Reviews. […]
Y-Axis lets you assess your application with its quick eligibility check option. Go to check eligibility page and see if you qualify for HK QMAS program.
- Successful applicants receive an initial 2 year visa and extendable for 3 years and another 3 years upon satisfaction of extension conditions.
- If a person who has been issued the initial visa of no less than 2 years can demonstrate that he/she has an assessable income for salaries tax of not less than HK$2 million in the previous year of tax assessment, an extension of stay on time limitation only without other conditions of stay for a period of six years may normally be granted.
- Offer of local employment is not required before migrating to Hong Kong.
- Take your family spouse and unmarried dependent children under 18 along.
- Apply for Citizenship after 7 years of stay in Hong Kong.
In order to qualify for the HK QMAS program you to attain at least 80 out of maximum 195 points in the General Points Test or 195 Points in the Achievement Based Points Test. The points are calculated on the following factors.
Should be between 18 and 50 years to achieve score points on Age.
Should hold a Bachelor's, Master's or PhD from a recognized university to score points for qualification. Additional points can be scored if the qualification is from a top 100 universities or top 30 collages in the world.
Possess more than 2 years of full-time graduate level work experience. Additional points can be scored if you have International exposure.
Have IELTS or TOEFL to score points in Language Proficiency.
Accompanying Spouse and Child can increase your overall score.
You can claim points as mentioned in the table below;
General Points Test:
Age (Maximum 30 points)
51 or above
Academic/Professional Qualifications (Maximum 70 points)
Doctoral Degree / Two or more master's degrees
Master’s Degree / Two or more bachelor’s degrees
Bachelor’s Degree / Professional Qualification awarded by a nationally or internationally recognized or acclaimed professional body which demonstrates that the holder has a very high level of technical expertise or skill
Additional points if a degree at bachelor level or higher is awarded by a renowned institution recognized internationally
Work Experience (Maximum 55 points)
Not less than 10 years' graduate or specialist level work experience, including at least 5 years in a senior role
Not less than 5 years' graduate or specialist level work experience, including at least 2 years in a senior role
Not less than 5 years' graduate or specialist level work experience
Not less than 2 years' graduate or specialist level work experience
Additional points for not less than 2 years’ graduate or specialist level work experience with international exposure
Language Proficiency (Maximum 20 points)
Being proficient both in written and spoken Chinese (Putonghua or Cantonese) and English
Being proficient in at least one foreign language (written and spoken) in addition to written and spoken Chinese (Putonghua or Cantonese) or English
Being proficient in written and spoken Chinese (Putonghua or Cantonese) or English
Family Background (Maximum 20 points)
At least one immediate family member (married spouse, parents, siblings, children) is a Hong Kong permanent resident residing in Hong Kong
Accompanying married spouse is educated to the equivalent level of a degree or above
5 points for each accompanying unmarried dependent child under the age of 18, maximum 10 points
5 / 10
Maximum 195 points
As for the additional points awarded to holders of a degree at bachelor level or higher obtained from a renowned institution recognized internationally, the institution concerned should be ranked among the top 100 universities/institutions in any of the four world university ranking tables published by QS, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Times Higher Education and US News and World Report, or among the top 30 colleges in the National Liberal Arts Colleges Rankings published by the US News and World Report. Advice may also be sought from relevant experts or professional bodies on qualifications awarded by other sector-specific renowned institutions which may not be included in these ranking lists.
To score additional points on the basis of having not less than two years’ work experience with international exposure, the international work experience concerned refers to graduate or specialist level work experience outside the applicant’s home country/territory.
Prevailing Minimum Passing Mark:-
The prevailing minimum passing mark is 80.*
*A minimum passing mark is set under the General Points Test. Interested parties are advised to assess whether their credentials are adequate to meet the minimum passing mark before submitting an application. The minimum passing mark is subject to change from time to time without prior notice.
The sectors under which the applicant can file the application is as mentioned below.
Academic Research and Education
Nurseries, Tertiary Education, Academic Research
Architecture, Surveying, Engineering and Construction
Landscaping, Architecture, Surveying, Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical/ Structural/ Environmental ,Engineering.
Arts and Culture
Performing Arts, Fine Arts, Museums, Libraries, Photography
Broadcasting and Entertainment
Broadcasting & Programming, Motion Picture, Video & Television Programme Production, Sound Record & Music Publishing
Business Support and Human Resources
Business Consulting, Company Secretary, Administrative Support, Human Resources Management, Recruitment Services, Public Relations Services, Advertising, Information Services
Catering and Tourism
Bars, Restaurants, Hotels, Travel Agencies.
Commerce and Trade
Import & Export, Retail, Wholesale
Financial and Accounting Services
Accountancy, Banking, Insurance, Securities, Investment Banking
Human Health and Veterinary Services
Western Medicine, Chinese Medicine, Dental Services, Medical Technologists, Occupational Therapists, Nurses, Veterinary Services.
Information Technology and Telecommunications
IT Consultancy, Wireline or Wireless Communications
Logistics and Transportation
Logistics, Air Transport, Sea Transport, Land Transport
Electrical, Electronics, Food & Beverages, Chemical, Metals, Toys, Textiles, Watches, Jewellery, Printing & Publishing
Visa Fees – HK$ 190 / Person (To be paid upon successful visa Interview in Hong Kong).
Assessment Fee - - USD 374 .
IELTS or TOEFL fees – As Applicable.
The Hong Kong Immigration Department releases the selection exercise result once every quarter. Selection exercises will be done on a regular basis for quota allocation to applicants. During each selection exercise, applications which satisfy both the prerequisites and the minimum passing mark (under the General Points Test) or the one point-scoring factor (under the Achievement-based Points Test) will be ranked according to scores awarded. High scoring applications will be short-listed for further assessment.
The average process time is between 6-9 months after the application submission.
Our Full Service & Processing Includes:
- Documents Checklist
- Complete Application Processing
- Forms, Documentation & Petition Filing
- Updates & Follow up with the Consulate
- Assistance with the queries and qualification assessment process
- Airport Pickup*
- Accommodation Assistance*
- Relocation Orientation
- Job Search Assistance*
- Relocation Assistance *
* These services are provided at an additional cost.
Y-Axis Immigration Department
- We offer documentation processing, application & filing services for those interested in immigrating.
- Our Immigration Processing Department ranks amongst the best in the world. A strong research team ensures that cases are evaluated and processed as per the latest updated rules and regulations.
- Our experience at having filed thousands of applications over the last 16 years has resulted in a strong & comprehensive case study database.
- Our offices across the Indian Subcontinent and Overseas make us the only consultant in India with a widespread presence, because of which we file the highest number of application from India. Y-AXIS also employs and works with regulated & accredited immigration lawyers in our own offices in London & Canada and partner offices in Australia and New Zealand. We have the highest success rate in India & over 50% of our business comes from referrals & word of mouth.
- They are five countries that currently have a point based immigration program. Point based immigration is a good option for those who want to work & settle overseas.
- There are a number of categories under which an applicant can file his/her application. You can either apply independently /a relative sponsor you / an overseas Employer sponsor you Or the country itself sponsor you. Applicants whose occupations are in demand usually get bonus points & faster processing. Each country has their specific list of occupations.
10 Good Reasons Why Choose Y-Axis
- We are the established Market Leaders in overseas careers with company owned and operated branch in your city. We do not have franchisees. Most of our customers come to us through word of mouth which we built based on trust and quality over the years.
- We are a one stop shop for all your overseas career needs.
- You get the benefit from our deep and extensive knowledge base which we have accumulated from processing thousands of cases similar to yours.
- We have a pulse on global trends in careers and immigration and always have updated information which we share with you through our weekly newsletters and email alerts.
- We have rock solid financial credentials that you would seek in the company when you would be making an investment of a large sum and the outcome is critical to your life and career.
- We are system driven and have transparent processes and costs. All our offices are designed keeping this principle in mind–the reason why you will notice a lot of see through glass.
- We conduct business in good faith and you will notice that our agreements are fair and reasonable.
- We help you search for a job and settle down. Our Job Search Services Department is one of the strengths of our company.
- We have the best consultants in the market who are competent, committed and experienced. You will notice this yourself.
- We are competitively priced and offer flexible payment options and charge on a success fee basis. If we don’t deliver, we refund.
For more details please Contact Us.
Why should you file your migration petition this month?
Why should you not delay?
Rules may change. Everything has a quota!
Immigration rules are volatile and governments are always debating whether to close the door or whom to close the door on. Don't take the rules for granted. Apply now when you are eligible! You may not be eligible, a few months from now.
You save time:
If you postpone your decision, you end up in the same career junction even next year. Take a decision and advance your career right now.
You aren’t growing any younger!
Most countries have an age limit and it gets stricter as you grow older. You may not be eligible even a year later. And then as you get older, you ability to adjust to new surroundings also decreases.
Apply now – you may also earn extra points for age!
Your kids adjust faster when they are younger:
Your kids adjust better and learn faster when younger. Remember, this opportunity is for them too.
Better in every way:
If you are not married, it will improve your profile and get you a better partner.
It is never a bad thing to hold a PR visa that allows you to work & live overseas.
It is never a bad thing to hold an additional UK, Australia, Germany or Canadian Passport.
No kids? Even better:
If you are married and do not have children yet, your kids born inside the country will become Naturalized Citizens automatically.
You may change your mind:
You or your spouse may change your mind later and may miss on something good in your life and for your children.
Treat your migration petition as an investment for the future – yours and your children. Apply for it now, watch it mature later. Avail of the benefits all your life.
So, why should you sign up now, because you need to strike when the iron is hot!