Domestic help is something everyone needs. If you are planning to move to UK, does that mean you won’t have anyone to rely on for household work? No, there is a domestic work visa that allows you to be accompanied by your domestic helper to your preferred destination. This visa is granted under specific conditions to domestic workers, who fall in the category of cleaners, chauffeurs, cooks, nannies and those providing personal care for the employer and their families.
Conditions to be fulfilled:
The conditions under which the domestic work is issued must be understood with great clarity. The domestic worker should have helped in a private household, he/she should have work with the accompanying employer for a minimum of 1 year and he/she should not be a native of either European Economic Area or Switzerland.
Further a domestic helper must fulfill the requirements laid down by specific departments. In the entire process you will receive support from Y-Axis in terms of visa application, submission and finally processing. For more information on this, consult experts at Y-Axis.
In order to be eligible for the domestic worker visa you need to meet the below mentioned eligibility criteria:
- Your age is between 18 and 65 years.
- You have worked for your employer for a minimum 1 year.
- Work in the same household as your employer or one that they use regularly.
- You are planning to accompany your employer, their partner or children to the UK.
- You intend to work as a Domestic worker in the house where your employer intends to stay.
- You will stay in the UK for a maximum period of 6 months or leave when your employer leaves, whichever is sooner.
- You have sufficient funds to support yourself while in the UK .
Your employer must be either a:
- British or European Economic Area (EEA) national who usually lives outside the UK and who doesn’t intend to remain in the UK for more than six months.
- Foreign national who is coming to the UK on a visit and who doesn’t intend to remain for more than 6 months.
Talk to Y-Axis Consultants to check your eligibility to apply as a Domestic Worker.
The visa fee is GBP 324 or INR 34,020.
It costs £496 for a visa as a domestic worker in a private household.
- Y-Axis process time: 3 Days to 1 week from the date of submission of the documents to Y-Axis.
- Visa process time: 1 week to 3 months from the time of submittal of documents to VFS / Consulate. Process time Varies as per the visa type and country.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.