A business that is lawfully operating in Australia and complies with the immigration rules has the right to nominate a skilled worker under this scheme. This is a permanent residence visa scheme and is not dependent upon the applicant’s stay in Australia at the time of application. It is advisable that the applicant files for a substantive or a bridging visa A, B or C; in case he/she is in Australia at the time of application.
There are three routes to getting this Visa:
- Temporary Residence Transition Stream: This stream may be available if an employer who wishes to sponsor an applicant for permanent residence.
Applicant may be eligible under this stream if he/she holds either of the following:
1. Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa (subclass 482) – in the medium-term stream unless transitional arrangements apply.
2. Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457) – not granted under labour agreement arrangements or related associated Bridging visa and have worked for your employer full-time in Australia on your TSS and/or subclass 457 visa(s) for at least:
- Three out of the previous four years (before the nomination is made) in the same position that they have nominated you or two out of the previous three years before the nomination is made, if transitional arrangements apply because either held, or were an applicant for, a subclass 457 visa (which was subsequently granted) on 18 April 2017.
- Direct Entry Stream: Hold a visa 444 (New Zealand citizen) or visa 461 (family members of a New Zealand citizen) and have been working for the same employer for at least two years since the past three years, prior to applying for this visa.
- Agreement Stream: : If the relevant labor agreement allows a skilled worker who is 50 years of age to be employed.
The eligibility for this visa is based on the assessment of various factors like skills, age, type of stream, English language, health and character.
- You should be nominated by an approved Australian employer, 6 months prior to submitting your visa application.
- You should be under 50 years of age, if you are applying under the Temporary Residence stream
- You should be under 45 years of age if you are applying under the Direct Entry stream
- You should possess the skills necessary to perform the role you have been nominated for, which includes a mandatory registration from the post, a license or a professional membership that is verifiable.
- Unless exempted, you should have proficiency in English language.
- Meet the health and character requirements.
- Meet the requirements of expertise in the field of occupation, for which you are being nominated for.
If you are above 50 years of age, you are eligible for this visa only if:
- You are a nominated senior academician by a University in Australia OR a scientist/ researcher/technical specialist at ANZSCO skill level 1 or 2, by an Australian government, scientific agency or a minister of religion for a religious institution.
- You hold visa subclasses 457 or 422 and have been working for the same employer for four years in Australia; or have a visa subclass 422 for 2 years before obtaining the visa subclass 457 and have been working as a nominated medical practitioner for 4 years at the time of submitting your visa application.
Type of Stream:
- Temporary Residence Transition stream: If you hold visa 457 for at least 4 years prior to your visa application for the same occupation and employer and paid according to the Fair-Work High-Income Threshold each year, for a period of 4 years.
- Direct Entry stream: If you hold a visa 444 (New Zealand citizen) or visa 461 (family members of a New Zealand citizen) and have been working for the same employer for at least two years since the past three years, prior to applying for this visa.
- Agreement stream: If the relevant labor agreement allows a skilled worker who is 50 years of age to be employed.
English Language Proficiency:
You will have to establish your proficiency in English language in any of the following ways mentioned:
- You should hold a valid passport issued by the government of United Kingdom, the United States of America, Canada, New Zealand or the Republic of Ireland that proves your citizenship.
- Score a minimum of 6 points in each of the four test components (speaking, reading, listening and writing) of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test, valid for three years at the time of submitting your visa application.
- Score at least a ‘B’ grade in each of the four test components of an Occupational English Test (OET), valid for three years at the time of submitting your visa application.
- Pass the minimum cut-off for the four test components: 12 for listening, 13 for reading, 21 for writing and 18 for speaking, in the “Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based test” (TOEFL iBT) test, valid for three years at the time of submitting your visa application.
- Score at least 50 marks, in each of the four test components (speaking, reading, listening and writing) in the Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic test, valid for three years at the time of submitting your visa application.
You need not show adequate English language skills if you:
- Are employed by a religious institution and nominated as a minister of religion.
- Have earnings equivalent to Australian Taxation Office’s top individual’s income tax rate (currently at AUD 180 001). If you are not able to demonstrate fluency in English, you will be required to pay a second installment of the visa application charges.
- If you are availing this visa through the Temporary Residence Transition scheme, you:
- Should have completed at least five years of full-time study in a secondary or higher educational institution.
- Should have been administered the course content in English language.
- Health Check: Your health-check reports must meet the stipulated parameters for getting a clearance. Health check records are generally valid for 12 months from the date of issuance. Health check is applicable to all the dependent family members included in the main applicant’s Visa application form, regardless of their intention to migrate to Australia
- Character Check: You are required to produce a police certificate from each country you have lived in for 12 months or more, in the past 10 years after turning 16 years of age. Character check also applies to all the dependent family members included in the main applicant’s Visa application form, who are 16 years of age or older.
Department of Home Affairs (DIBP earlier) Application Fee: AUD 3,755
Dependents below 18 years of age: AUD940
Dependents above 18 years of age: AUD1,875
Spouse’s English Requirement Fee: AUD4890 ((This fee is applicable only if the spouse or a dependent above 18 years, is unable met the functional English requirement))
Our deliverables for an Australia visa registration are:
- We will assign a registered migration agent (RMA) to work on your case, from our partner office in Melbourne, Australia. The RMA will initiate your application process, post receiving documents that are duly verified by our agent & a signed service agreement with your consent to process the visa on your behalf.
- A Process Consultant will be assisting you and our RMA, from our local office in India and work on your documentation and query resolution with prior consent from the RMA.
- Our RMA will provide step-by-step guidance during each stage of visa processing.
- We will provide you a stage-wise document checklist that will give you a clear picture of all the prerequisites for clearing each stage. We also suggest alternative documents that could suffice, in case of exceptions.
- Provide sample documents and assist you with the filing, wherever necessary.
- Our RMA will oversee document submissions and represent you to the concerned Assessing and Immigration authorities in Australia (wherever required).
- Comprehensive advice will be extended on the documentation pertaining to health and character reports.
Y-Axis Immigration Department
- We offer documentation processing, application & filing services for those interested in immigrating.
- Our Immigration Processing Department ranks amongst the best in the world. A strong research team ensures that cases are evaluated and processed as per the latest rules and regulations.
- Our experience at having filed thousands of applications has resulted in a strong & comprehensive case study database.
- Our offices across the Indian Subcontinent and Overseas make us the only consultant in India with a widespread presence, because of which we file the highest number of application from India. We have the highest success rate & over 50% of our business comes from referrals & word of mouth.
- There are five countries that currently have a point based immigration program. Point based immigration is a good option for those who want to work & settle overseas.
- There are a number of categories under which an applicant can file his/her application. You can either apply independently /a relative can sponsor you / an overseas Employer can sponsor you Or the country itself can sponsor you. Applicants whose occupations are in demand usually get bonus points & faster processing. Each country has their specific list of occupations.
Why should you file your migration petition this month?
Why should you not delay?
Rules may change. Everything has a quota!
Immigration rules are volatile and governments are always debating whether to close the door or whom to close the door on. Don’t take the rules for granted. Apply now when you are eligible! You may not be eligible, a few months from now.
You save time
If you postpone your decision, you end up in the same career junction even next year. Take a decision and advance your career right now.
You aren’t growing any younger!
Most countries have an age limit and it gets stricter as you grow older. You may not be eligible even a year later. And then as you get older, you ability to adjust to new surroundings also decreases.
Apply now – you may also earn extra points for age!
Your kids adjust faster when they are younger
Your kids adjust better and learn faster when younger. Remember, this opportunity is for them too.
Better in every way
If you are not married, it will improve your profile and get you a better partner.
It is never a bad thing to hold a PR visa that allows you to work & live overseas.
It is never a bad thing to hold an additional UK, Australia, Germany or Canadian Passport.
No kids? Even better
If you are married and do not have children yet, your kids born inside the country will become Naturalized Citizens automatically.
You may change your mind
You or your spouse may change your mind later and may miss on something good in your life and for your children.
Treat your migration petition as an investment for the future – yours and your children. Apply for it now, watch it mature later. Avail of the benefits all your life.
So, why should you sign up now, because you need to strike when the iron is hot!
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.