There are certain rules to be known, if you have a spouse or common law partner who wants to take up employment while living in the UK, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. The first rule is that the dependent must make a separate application, for his or her own work permit. The rest of the requirements are similar to those of the primary applicant.
One such rule in case of Canada is acquiring the LMO if required. LMO stands for Labor Market Opinion. It is for a Canadian employer who cannot find a suitable employee within the country and needs a foreign employee. Only when an LMO is granted to an employer a candidate can apply for a dependent visa. Your spouse or common law partner can also apply for an open work permit. With this, he or she can take up a job with any employer.
- The holder of an Open Work Permit can work for any Canadian employer, without first having a confirmed offer of employment.
- Open Work Permits are also available through the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program for international students.
Your spouse or common-law partner may be able to apply for an “open” work permit. This is a permit that will let them accept any job with any employer if:
- Approved to work in Canada for six months or longer,
- Doing work in Canada that meets a minimum skill level (usually work for which you need at least a college diploma) and
- Doing a job at Skill Level 0, A or B in the National Occupational Classification.
Note: If you have a post-graduation work permit, your spouse must attach a copy of your work permit to their application for an open work permit, as well as a:
- letter from your current employer that confirms you work there, or a copy of your employment offer or contract, and
- copy of one of your pay slips.
1.You are approved to work in Canada and your spouse or common-law partner is eligible for a work permit through a pilot project.
In each case, your spouse’s permit will be valid no longer than yours.
Application Fees for Canada Open Work Permit visa are;
|Charge Type||Charge Amount|
|Work Permit (fee includes temporary resident visa, if required)||C$ 255|
Present processing time: 11 weeks
Our Full Service & Processing Includes:
- Advising you on the best strategy to get your visa.
- Advising you on how to present your case so the chances of a personal interview is minimized.
- Advising you on finances to be shown.
- Advising you on documents to be presented.
- Filling of forms.
- Review of all your documentation.
- Booking your visa interview date, (if required).
- Interview preparation.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.