The Critical Skills Work Visa allows you to immigrate to South Africa and convert your 5 year temporary visa into a permanent residence. If you have the interest to move to South Africa and consequently secure a permanent residence, the Government of South Africa has provided the Critical Skills Work Visa option to this end.
Arrive in South African without a job offer and stay in South Africa for 12 months to find a job. Extend your visa post securing a job to a temporary residence for 5 years; the post which you can apply and secure a permanent residence in South Africa. Based on critical skills requirements forward by the South Africa Department of Home Affairs.
The main objective is to fill gaps in skill-deficit to support South Africa’s trade and industry.
- The Critical Skills Work Visa which has been launched by the South Africa Home Affairs department is based on the critical occupations which have a shortage of skilled professionals. It replaces the Quota work permit. The Home Affairs department has come up with the critical skills list and the skills requirements as per the occupation.
- The applicant has to get there qualification assessed by SAQA which is the authorized body for the qualification assessment along with registering with the relevant body as per the profession.
- Qualification must be listed as per the Critical Skills list as list by the Immigration department of South Africa Home Affairs and needs to be assessed by SAQA.
- Must have skilled work experience in the occupation as per the Critical Skills list.
- Must have sufficient funds for the initial stay.
- Hold travel and medical insurance.
- Must have arranged accommodation.
- Skill assessment as per the related professional authorized body.
- IT & Communications
- Health & Clinical Science
- Life & Earth Science
Y-Axis Immigration Department
- We offer documentation processing, application & filing services for those interested in immigrating.
- Our Immigration Processing Department ranks amongst the best in the world. A strong research team ensures that cases are evaluated and processed as per the latest rules and regulations.
- Our experience at having filed thousands of applications has resulted in a strong & comprehensive case study database.
- Our offices across the Indian Subcontinent and Overseas make us the only consultant in India with a widespread presence, because of which we file the highest number of application from India. We have the highest success rate & over 50% of our business comes from referrals & word of mouth.
- There are five countries that currently have a point based immigration program. Point based immigration is a good option for those who want to work & settle overseas.
- There are a number of categories under which an applicant can file his/her application. You can either apply independently /a relative can sponsor you / an overseas Employer can sponsor you Or the country itself can sponsor you. Applicants whose occupations are in demand usually get bonus points & faster processing. Each country has their specific list of occupations.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.