The Critical Skills Work Visa is an option given by the South African government for skilled foreign workers to fill the shortage gap of skilled workers as per the critical shortage occupation list. It allows foreigners to enter South Africa without a job offer and search for a job and convert the visa to a Work Permit.South Africa is ranked as an upper-middle income economy by the World Bank, and is considered to be a newly industrialized country.
Its economy is the second largest in Africa and the 28th-largest in the world. In terms of purchasing power parity, South Africa has the seventh-highest per capital income in Africa, although poverty and inequality remain widespread, with about a quarter of the population unemployed and living on less than US$1.25 a day. Nevertheless, South Africa has been identified as a middle power in international affairs, and maintains significant regional influence.
- Applicant can enter South Africa without a job offer.
- Visa is based on skills and qualification as per the Critical Skills list defined by the South Africa Department of Home Affairs.
- Visa is initially granted for 12 months and is extendable as per the Authority
- Applicant needs to find a job within the Visa grant period.
- Visa is then extended to 5 years to a Critical Skills Work Permit.
- No need to go through the onerous labor certification process which is required for a General Work Visa application.
September 16, 2014
Eligibility Criteria for South Africa:
Education must be at least 4 years bachelors degree or 3 years Bachelor's along with a Master's degree with 3 years of highly relevant work experience.
Note: 3 years bachelor's degree alone will not help qualify for the visa option. 16 years of regular education is required.
- The Experience Support Yaxis Is Good As Of NowReview By : Leo Edment The experience with Y axis is good as of now. Guidance given by different consultants like Ms.Rathi, Ms.Sharmila, Mr.Pradeep and Ms. Tejaswini is excellent and helpful. Thank you for being supportive and guiding us through… Continue Reading → The post The Experience Support Yaxis Is Good As Of Now appeared first on Y-Axis Customer Reviews. […]
- Thank You Y-Axis For Helping Me Smoothly And Successfully Sail Through The Skills Assessment PhaseReview By : Roshan Elias Thank you Y-Axis for helping me smoothly and successfully sail through the skills assessment phase. I would like to especially thank my Process Consultant , Mr Ali Asghar, for his meticulous and prompt follow up.… Continue Reading → The post Thank You Y-Axis For Helping Me Smoothly And Successfully Sail Through The Skills Assessment Phase appeared first on Y-Axis Customer Reviews. […]
- I Have Received A Grant For Skilled – Nominated (subclass 190) Visa For AustraliaReview By : VIPUL KUMAR I have received a grant for Skilled – Nominated (subclass 190) visa for Australia and all the credit goes to Mr. Srikanth Penta from Y-Axis for his continuous support. However, I have never met this… Continue Reading → The post I Have Received A Grant For Skilled – Nominated (subclass 190) Visa For Australia appeared first on Y-Axis Customer Reviews. […]
- The Critical Skills Work Visa which has been launched by the South Africa Home Affairs department is based on the critical occupations which have a shortage of skilled professionals. It replaces the Quota work permit. The Home Affairs department has come up with the critical skills list and the skills requirements as per the occupation.
- The applicant has to get there qualification assessed by SAQA which is the authorized body for the qualification assessment along with registering with the relevant body as per the profession.
- No need for a job offer while applying for the visa.
- No need to go through the onerous labor certification process which is required for the general work visa application.
- Applicant is granted a visa for 3 months to enter South Africa and search for a job as per their occupation in the Critical Skills list.
- 16 years of regular education along with 3 to 5 years. (Highly relevant work experience) (NOTE: 4 years Bachelor's degree or 3 years Bachelor's degree with Master's degree is required)
- The visa issued initially is called Critical Skill Work Visa given for 12 months to enter South Africa and search for Jobs .
- Visa can be extended for another 3 months providing proof of valid job search.
- Upon Receiving Job Offer Confirmation Can file for Open Work permit visa valid for 5 years to work in South Africa.
- After 5 years on Open Work Permit visa Client can apply for PR and later Citizenship.
- IT & Communications
- Health & Clinical Science
- Life & Earth Science
Visa Application Fees – INR 9080.
Qualification Assessment with SAQA.
- Online Application – R580 (Normal Process) or R960 (Fast Tracked).
Registration with the accredited professional body, council or board recognized by SAQA.
- Fees as specified by the relevant professional body, council or board.
- Skill assessment as per the related professional authorized body.
Visa Process Timeline
- Qualification Assessment – 20 Working Days.
- Visa Application at the Embassy – 3 Months from date of application.
- Documentation requirement guidance.
- Guidance with the Qualification Assessment process.
- Guidance with the Certificate of Registration process.
- Guidance and Assistance in filling the application with the embassy.
Guidance on the appointment booking (if required).
Y-Axis Immigration Department
We offer documentation processing, application & filing services for those interested in immigrating.
Our Immigration Processing Department ranks amongst the best in the world. A strong research team ensures that cases are evaluated and processed as per the latest updated rules and regulations.
Our experience at having filed thousands of applications over the last 16 years has resulted in a strong & comprehensive case study database.
Our offices across the Indian Subcontinent and Overseas make us the only consultant in India with a widespread presence, because of which we file the highest number of application from India. Y-AXIS also employs and works with regulated & accredited immigration lawyers in our own offices in London & Canada and partner offices in Australia and New Zealand. We have the highest success rate in India & over 50% of our business comes from referrals & word of mouth.
They are five countries that currently have a point based immigration programme. Point based immigration is a good option for those who want to work & settle overseas.
There are a number of categories under which an applicant can file his/her application. You can either apply independently /a relative sponsor you / an overseas Employer sponsor you Or the country itself sponsor you. Applicants whose occupations are in demand usually get bonus points & faster processing. Each country has their specific list of occupations.
10 Good Reasons Why Choose Y-Axis
- We are the established Market Leaders in overseas careers with company owned and operated branch in your city. We do not have franchisees. Most of our customers come to us through word of mouth which we built based on trust and quality over the years.
- We are a one stop shop for all your overseas career needs.
- You get the benefit from our deep and extensive knowledge base which we have accumulated from processing thousands of cases similar to yours.
- We have a pulse on global trends in careers and immigration and always have updated information which we share with you through our weekly newsletters and email alerts.
- We have rock solid financial credentials that you would seek in the company when you would be making an investment of a large sum and the outcome is critical to your life and career.
- We are system driven and have transparent processes and costs. All our offices are designed keeping this principle in mind–the reason why you will notice a lot of see through glass.
- We conduct business in good faith and you will notice that our agreements are fair and reasonable.
- We help you search for a job and settle down. Our Job Search Services Department is one of the strengths of our company.
- We have the best consultants in the market who are competent, committed and experienced. You will notice this yourself.
- We are competitively priced and offer flexible payment options and charge on a success fee basis. If we don’t deliver, we refund.
For more details please Contact Us.
Why should you file your migration petition this month?
Why should you not delay?
Rules may change. Everything has a quota!
Immigration rules are volatile and governments are always debating whether to close the door or whom to close the door on. Don't take the rules for granted. Apply now when you are eligible! You may not be eligible, a few months from now.
You save time
If you postpone your decision, you end up in the same career junction even next year. Take a decision and advance your career right now.
You aren’t growing any younger!
Most countries have an age limit and it gets stricter as you grow older. You may not be eligible even a year later. And then as you get older, you ability to adjust to new surroundings also decreases.
Apply now – you may also earn extra points for age!
Your kids adjust faster when they are younger
Your kids adjust better and learn faster when younger. Remember, this opportunity is for them too.
Better in every way
If you are not married, it will improve your profile and get you a better partner.
It is never a bad thing to hold a PR visa that allows you to work & live overseas.
It is never a bad thing to hold an additional UK, Australia, Germany or Canadian Passport.
No kids? Even better
If you are married and do not have children yet, your kids born inside the country will become Naturalized Citizens automatically.
You may change your mind
You or your spouse may change your mind later and may miss on something good in your life and for your children.
Treat your migration petition as an investment for the future – yours and your children. Apply for it now, watch it mature later. Avail of the benefits all your life.
So, why should you sign up now, because you need to strike when the iron is hot!