Ireland – Critical Skills Employment Permit allows skilled individuals to work in Ireland for a specified employer in an occupation where skills shortages exist and designed to attract highly skilled people into the labour market with the aim of encouraging them to take up permanent residence in the State.
Critical Skills Employment Permit is issued for an initial period of two years, after which it can normally be renewed indefinitely. Eligible occupations under this type of permit are deemed to be critically important to growing Ireland’s economy, are highly demanded and highly skilled, and in significant shortage of supply in our labour market. Occupations such as ICT professionals, professional engineers and technologists are catered for under this type of employment permit. Allows Highly skilled professionals as per the highly skilled eligible occupation list to get an offer letter without the labour market needs test.
Permit holders can apply for immediate family reunification from the Irish Naturalisation & Immigration Service of the Department of Justice and Equality and once their dependants/partners/spouses are resident in the State they are eligible to seek any employment and apply to the Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation for a Dependant/Partner/Spouse Employment Permit which is currently issued free of charge.
Visa applications are being processed within weeks of submission. The visa decision and duration however vary from one application to another.
Long-term Residence permit that allows you to stay & work in Ireland. Based on the offer dependents can also go and work.
- Offer Letter is a Mandatory requirement in order to apply for the employment permit, we recommend that you sign up for our resume marketing service or Job Search Service where we will assist you in applying for jobs with companies in Ireland.
- Occupations with a minimum annual remuneration of €30,000 for a restricted number of Strategically important occupations contained in the Highly Skilled Eligible Occupations list. A relevant degree qualification or higher is required. Or
- All occupations with a minimum annual remuneration of over €60,000, other than those on the Ineligible Categories of Employment for Employment Permits or which are contrary to the public interest. A non-EEA national who does not have a degree qualification or higher, must have the necessary level of experience.
- The prospective employee concerned must have secured a 2 year job offer in respect of the eligible occupation from the prospective employer.
The Employment Permit Application fees is EUR 1,000. (90% of this fee will be refunded by the Ireland immigration department if the application is unsuccessful)
Visa Application Fees EUR 60 to be paid at the time of visa application after getting the employment permit.
Our Full Service & Processing Includes:
- Job Search Assistance.
- Documents Checklist.
- Complete Application Processing.
- Forms, Documentation & Petition Filing.
- Updates & Follow up with the Consulate.
- Guidance on key documentation requirement
- Visa Interview Preparation.
- Airport Pickup.
- Accommodation Assistance.
- Relocation Orientation.
- Relocation Assistance.
These services are provided at an additional cost.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.