Parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents may be eligible to apply for the parent and grandparent super visa.
This visa is valid for up to 10 years and will let you visit your family in Canada for up to two years without renewing your status.
- Currently, most visitors to Canada may visit for up to six months when they first enter Canada. Visitors who wish to stay longer must apply for an extension, and pay a new fee.
- The parent and grandparent super visa, eligible parents and grandparents can visit family in Canada for up to two years without the need to renew their status.
- The Super Visa is a multi-entry visa that provides multiple entries for a period up to 10 years. The key difference is that the Super Visa allows an individual to stay for up to two years on each entry into Canada, while a 10-year multiple entry visa would only have a status period for each entry of six months only.
To apply for the parent and grandparent super visa, you must:
- Be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
- Be allowed to enter Canada
- Meet certain other conditions
- Prove that your child or grandchild in Canada meets a minimum income threshold
- Provide a written statement from that child or grandchild that he or she will give you financial support
- Have valid Canadian medical insurance coverage for at least one year and
- Have an immigration medical exam
Note: You cannot include dependents in this application. Only your spouse or common-law partner can come with you under this visa.
Low Income Cut-Off (LICO)
|Size of Family Unit||Minimum necessary income|
|1 person (your child or grandchild)||$23,647|
|More than 7 persons, for each additional person, add||$6,362|
Effective from January 1 to December 31, 2017
Your child or grandchild may use the following income scale to assess their ability to meet the income requirements.
Low Income Cut-Off (LICO)
Size of Family Unit
Minimum necessary income
1 person (your child or grandchild)
More than 7 persons, for each additional person, add
Application Fees for Canada Visit visa are:
|Charge Type||Charge Amount|
|Single Entry||C$ 100|
|Multiple Entry||C$ 100|
Process time is minimum 6 months after submitting application.
Our Full Service & Processing Includes
- Documents Checklist
- Complete Application Processing
- Forms, Documentation & Petition Filing
- Updates & Follow up to the Consulate
- Job Search Assistance*
*These services are provided at an additional cost.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.