This visa is for young people who want to holiday and work in Australia for up to a year. It is a temporary visa that encourages cultural exchange and closer ties between Australia and eligible countries.
Available only for the passport holders of the below countries:
- China, People’s Republic of
- San Marino
- Slovak Republic
There is an annual limit to the number of Work and Holiday visas issued to each country. No applications will be approved once this limit is reached.
An applicant might be able to get this visa if he/she is:
- Aged between 18-31 years
- An applicant with a passport from an eligible country
- A genuine visitor who wants to have a holiday in Australia
- Has sufficient funds for stay in Australia and for onward travel and return tickets
- An applicant not having a dependent child accompanying him/her during that person’s stay in Australia
An applicant might be able to get this visa if he/she:
- Has not previously entered Australia on a Working Holiday visa (subclass 417)
- Meets the educational requirements
- Has functional English
- Has a letter of support from his/her government (except applicants from the USA)
- Meets health and character requirements. Applicant need to have medical insurance for the stay in Australia
- May also be asked to provide Biometrics
- Applicant must be outside Australia when you apply for this visa.
- The Work and Holiday visa lets one stay in Australia for 12 months. Any time spent outside Australia after the 12-month stay on your visa starts does not extend the length of the visa.
- You may be able to apply for a different visa to extend your stay only if your visa is not granted a ‘no further stay’ condition. You will be advised of this in your visa grant letter. Holders of visas without this condition can apply for a limited number of other visas while in Australia.
- Applicants holding this visa and wanting to enter on another visa should first cancel the work and holiday visa, before applying for any other visa to avoid accidentally use of Work and holiday visa.
Application Cost: AUD440
Y-Axis Process Includes:
Professional guidance and advice provided in preparing your petition –
- Document checklist
- Complete Application Processing
- Forms, Documentation & application Filing
- Updates & Follow-up with the relevant departments if required, till the decision is received
The following are the benefits of this visa:
- Stay in Australia for up to 12 months (this cannot be extended or deferred)
- Work in Australia for up to six months with each employer
- Study for up to four months
- Leave and re-enter Australia any number of times while the visa is valid
- Australia has a compulsory superannuation scheme. You are entitled to access your retirement savings (superannuation) when you leave Australia
Why should you file your migration petition this month?
Why should you not delay?
Rules may change. Everything has a quota!
Immigration rules are volatile and governments are always debating whether to close the door or whom to close the door on. Don’t take the rules for granted. Apply now when you are eligible! You may not be eligible, a few months from now.
You save time
If you postpone your decision, you end up in the same career junction even next year. Take a decision and advance your career right now.
You aren’t growing any younger!
Most countries have an age limit and it gets stricter as you grow older. You may not be eligible even a year later. And then as you get older, your ability to adjust to new surroundings also decreases.
Apply now – you may also earn extra points for age!
Your kids adjust faster when they are younger
Your kids adjust better and learn faster when younger. Remember, this opportunity is for them too.
Better in every way
If you are not married, it will improve your profile and get you a better partner.
It is never a bad thing to hold a PR visa that allows you to work & live overseas.
It is never a bad thing to hold an additional UK, Australia, Germany or Canadian Passport.
No kids? Even better
If you are married and do not have children yet, your kids born within the country will become Naturalized Citizens automatically.
You may change your mind
You or your spouse may change your mind later and may miss on something good in your life and for your children.
Treat your migration petition as an investment for the future – yours and your children. Apply for it now, watch it mature later. Avail of the benefits all your life.
So, why should you sign up now, because you need to strike when the iron is hot!
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.