The Temporary Work (Long Stay Activity) visa (subclass 401) is for people who want to come to Australia on a temporary basis under one of the four streams:
- Exchange stream: To work in a skilled position under a reciprocal staff exchange arrangement to:
- Give participants an opportunity to experience another culture
- Enhance international relations
- Broaden participants’ experience and knowledge.
- Sport stream: To improve the quality of sport in Australia through participation in high-level competition with Australian residents to:
- Participate in a specific event or series of events as an individual or as part of a team or its support staff
- Play, coach or instruct for a sporting club for a season under contract
- Judge or adjudicate a sporting competition or show
- Religious Worker stream: To be a full-time religious worker, serving the religious objectives of a religious institution in Australia.
- Domestic Worker (Executive) stream: To work full time in the household of certain senior foreign executives.
This visa involves a three stage process:
- Sponsorship:- An organisation, government agency or foreign government agency applies to become a long-stay activity sponsor.
- Nomination:- The long-stay activity sponsor nominates you to undertake an activity.
- Visa:- You apply for a Temporary Work (Long Stay Activity) visa (subclass 401).
This is a temporary visa.
You can be in or outside Australian when you apply for this visa:
Applying in Australia: If you apply in Australia, you must be in Australia when the visa is granted.
Applying outside Australia: If you apply outside Australia, you must be outside Australia when your visa is granted.
You cannot apply for this visa if you already hold another visa that has a ‘No further stay’ condition.
- Y-axis Was Very Well Knowledgeable About The Whole ProcessReview By: Ganapathy K R The consultant, Afroz Syed, at Y-axis was very well knowledgeable about the whole process and helped me with all my queries. The process would had been difficult without the continued support from the team at… Continue Reading → The post Y-axis Was Very Well Knowledgeable About The Whole Process appeared first on Y-Axis Customer Reviews. […]
- My Experience Overall With Yaxis Has Been DecentReview By: Nikitha Krishnamurthy My experience overall with Y axis has been decent…..I feel that the employees need to be more proactive and knowledgeable in terms of the entire process and documentation….There have been instances wherein i had to consult… Continue Reading → The post My Experience Overall With Yaxis Has Been Decent appeared first on Y-Axis Customer Reviews. […]
- Y-Axis Support Had Been Extremely Good For Australia PR ProcessingReview By: Dev Ravindran Y-Axis support had been extremely good for Australia PR processing. My Process consultant, Mr. Jonathan, had been very supportive in providing clear PR process requirements, documentation requirements and time frame for each of the sub-activity. I… Continue Reading → The post Y-Axis Support Had Been Extremely Good For Australia PR Processing appeared first on Y-Axis Customer Reviews. […]
This visa allows you to:
- Stay in Australia for the period of the nominated position, with a maximum stay of two years
- Do the work or activity specified in your nomination
- Bring eligible family members with you to Australia
- Enter and leave Australia as many times as you want while your visa is valid
Temporary residents are generally not able to extend their stay in Australia beyond four years by applying for this visa.
You might be able to get this visa if you:
- Are sponsored by an approved sponsor.
- Are nominated to undertake an approved activity.
- Have the skills and experience relevant to the nominated activity.
You can sponsor someone for this visa if you are:
- Exchange stream:- An Australian organisation that is lawfully operating in Australia, a government agency or a foreign government agency operating in Australia with an agreement in place with an overseas organisation for the exchange of staff.
- Sport stream:- A sporting organisation that is lawfully operating in Australia.
- Religious Worker stream:- A religious institution that is lawfully operating in Australia and endorsed as a charity by the Australian Tax Office.
- Domestic Worker (Executive) stream:
- A foreign government agency that is the employer of the holder of a Temporary Work (International Relations) visa (subclass 403) in the Privileges and Immunities stream who is the national managing director, deputy national managing director or state manager of an Australian office of the agency.
- A foreign organisation that is lawfully operating in Australia and is the employer of the holder of a Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457)who is the national managing director, deputy national managing director or state manager of an Australian office of the organisation.
You must also show that you:
- Have a good business record and abide by Australian laws.
- Have the capacity to comply with the sponsorship obligations.
Lawfully operating in Australia:
Your organisation must be lawfully established and actively engaged in business activities in Australia. An organisation can include a body corporate or unincorporated body (other than an individual or a sole trader).
Good business record and abide by Australian laws:
To meet this requirement:
- There must be nothing adverse known about you or a person associated with you that could affect your suitability as a sponsor, unless it is reasonable to disregard that information.
- If you have previously sponsored overseas workers to Australia, you must have a satisfactory record of complying with Australian laws.
- The activities of your organisation or agency must not be illegal in Australia.
Base application charge
Non-internet application charge
Additional applicant charge
Additional applicant charge under 18
Temporary Work (Long Stay Activity)
$380 (w.e.f 1st July 2015)
$380 (w.e.f 1st July 2015)
$95 (w.e.f 1st July 2015)
Temporary Work (Long Stay Activity)
Y-Axis Process Includes:
Professional guidance and advice provided in preparing petition for Employer Eligible sponsor application, Employer nomination application & Applicant visa application.
- Document checklist.
- Complete Application Processing.
- Forms, Documentation & application Filing.
- Updates & Follow up with the relevant departments if required, till the decision is received.
10 Good Reasons Why Choose Y-Axis
- We are the established Market Leaders in overseas careers with company owned and operated branch in your city. We do not have franchisees. Most of our customers come to us through word of mouth which we built based on trust and quality over the years.
- We are a one stop shop for all your overseas career needs.
- You get the benefit from our deep and extensive knowledge base which we have accumulated from processing thousands of cases similar to yours.
- We have a pulse on global trends in careers and immigration and always have updated information which we share with you through our weekly newsletters and email alerts.
- We have rock solid financial credentials that you would seek in the company when you would be making an investment of a large sum and the outcome is critical to your life and career.
- We are system driven and have transparent processes and costs. All our offices are designed keeping this principle in mind–the reason why you will notice a lot of see through glass.
- We conduct business in good faith and you will notice that our agreements are fair and reasonable.
- We help you search for a job and settle down. Our Job Search Services Department is one of the strengths of our company.
- We have the best consultants in the market who are competent, committed and experienced. You will notice this yourself.
- We are competitively priced and offer flexible payment options and charge on a success fee basis. If we don’t deliver, we refund.
For more details please Contact Us.