The Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) lets you live, study and work in Australia temporarily after you have finished your studies. Students are only able to access the Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) once as a primary applicant.
This visa has two streams:
- Graduate Workstream: – For international students with an eligible qualification who graduate with skills and qualifications that relate to an occupation on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL). A visa in this stream is granted for 18 months from the date of grant.
- Post-Study Work stream:– For international students who graduate with a higher education degree from an Australian education provider, regardless of their field of study. This stream is only available to students who applied for, and were granted, their first student visa to Australia on or after 5 November 2011. A visa in this stream can be granted for up to four years from the date the visa is granted, depending on the visa applicant's qualification.
If you are applying as the main applicant, you and anybody else covered by the application must be in Australia when you apply for this visa and when your visa is decided.
Family members who apply for this visa after the main applicant has been granted the visa may be in or outside Australia when they apply, but must not be in immigration clearance.
- Has Excellent Knowledge In Preparing Documents For Migration To AustraliaReview By: Balbeer Johar Syed Juveria from Y-axis is a fantastic consultant. She has excellent knowledge in preparing documents for migration to Australia. I recommend Y-axis for all immigration purpose. [ cialis on sale | cialis levitra viagra vs vs |… Continue Reading → The post Has Excellent Knowledge In Preparing Documents For Migration To Australia appeared first on Y-Axis Customer Reviews. […]
- Provides The Best Guidance, With Regular UpdatesReview By: Tony Raj Best experience and excellent in guiding on the process for Australian PR. Process Consultants are approachable for any clarifications at any stage of the process via phones or emails. The team provides the best guidance, with regular… Continue Reading → The post Provides The Best Guidance, With Regular Updates appeared first on Y-Axis Customer Reviews. […]
- Process Is Still Going On And I’m Getting All The Minute DetailsReview By: Akshay Sharma The consultant name who is helping me to get hold of the process is Satish Ellapu and to say the least, he is doing his job with all the commitment and determination. The process is still going… Continue Reading → The post Process Is Still Going On And I’m Getting All The Minute Details appeared first on Y-Axis Customer Reviews. […]
This visa allows you and your family to stay in Australia temporarily after you have finished your studies. While in Australia, you can:
It is important to note that it is your responsibility to seek your own employment. The Australian government is not responsible for arranging employment.
- you must be younger than 50 years of age.
- you must hold an eligible visa.
- you must have included in your application evidence that you have at least competent English.
- you must meet the Australian study requirement in the last six months.
- you must meet health and character requirements.
- you must have health insurance in Australia.
- you must meet the specific requirements of the stream in which you are applying for this visa.
You must hold an eligible visa to apply for this visa as the primary applicant. You could meet this requirement if any of the following applies to you:
- You hold an eligible student visa (a subclass 572, 573 or 574, provided you are not
- A family member of the main visa holder of one of these visa classes
- The primary applicant who undertook a course funded by a government or multilateral agency, or course/training under a scholarship scheme or training program approved by the AusAID Minister or the Defence Minister on condition that you will leave Australia on the completion of the course.
- You have held an eligible student visa at any time in the past six months and:
- you now hold a Bridging visa A or Bridging visa B after applying for any visa other than an ineligible student visa, or
- you now hold a substantive visa other than an ineligible student visa.
- You held an eligible student visa that was cancelled, but in the past 28 days the Migration Review Tribunal has notified you of a decision to set aside and substitute the Minister's decision.
The following are ineligible student visas:
- student visas in subclasses 570, 571, 575 or 576
- visas in subclasses 572, 573 or 574, which you applied for on the basis that you were intending to undertake:
- A course funded by the Australian government, an Australian state or territory government, a foreign government or a multilateral agency
- A course or training under a scholarship scheme or training program approved by the AusAID Minister or the Defence Minister.
In addition, you must not:
- Have had a visa application refused or cancelled since last entering Australia unless you hold a substantive visa.
- Have any condition on your current visa that prevents you from applying to stay in Australia, such as 'No further stay' conditions (numbers 8503, 8534 or 8535). If you have condition 8503 or 8534 attached to your current visa, you should apply for the Temporary Graduate visa using paper Form 1409 (635kB PDF), which includes an application to have the condition waived.
English language ability:
Your visa application must include evidence that you have competent English. You can show this if you have either of the following:
- you hold a valid passport from the United Kingdom, United States, Canada, New Zealand or the Republic of Ireland (and you are a citizen of that country), or
- you achieved a score of at least 6 for each of the four test components of speaking, reading, listening and writing in an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test or 'B' in each of the four components of an Occupational English Test (OET). You must have sat the IELTS/OET test in the three years before you apply, and the results should be lodged with your application.
The Australian study requirement:
In the six months before you apply, you must meet the Australian study requirement. You meet this requirement if you can satisfy us that you have completed one or more degrees, diplomas or trade qualifications for award by an Australian educational institution as a result of a course(s):
- That is registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).
- For which all instruction was conducted in English
- That were completed as a result of total of at least two academic years (92 weeks) study
- That were completed in a total of at least 16 calendar months
- That have been undertaken while you were in Australia as the holder of a visa authorizing you to study.
English language proficiency courses or enabling programs cannot be used to meet the Australian study requirement.
You must meet certain health requirements. The health examinations you need will depend on your personal circumstances, including your country of citizenship, time spent in another country during the last five years and your intended activities in Australia. The results of your health examinations are generally valid for 12 months.
This applies to you and any dependent family members included in your application.
You can find out whether you need to undergo health examinations, and arrange them where required, by using our My Health Declarations service.
Australian Federal Police (AFP) certificate and overseas police clearance:
You must meet certain character requirements. You must provide a police certificate from each country you have lived in for 12 months or more during the past 10 years after you turned 16 years of age.
Instructions on obtaining a certificate from an overseas government or law enforcement authority are available in the following document: Character requirements – How to obtain police certificates (513 Kb PDF).
When you apply for this visa you must provide evidence of having applied for an Australian Federal Police check in the 12 months before you apply.
This also applies to all dependent family members in the application who are 16 years of age or older.
The AFP National Police Check Application Form is available from the Australian Federal Police website – either an online form or paper form. Visa applicants should tick Code 33 in Section 8 of the form. Fingerprints are not required.
You will be issued with a 'National Police Check' certificate which will have a 'Complete Disclosure' in the heading if your AFP police check is successful.
Debts to the Australian Government:
You must have no outstanding debts to the Australian Government or have arranged to repay any outstanding debts to the Australian Government before this visa can be granted.
This also applies to all family members listed in your application.
|Visa subclass||Note||Base application charge||Non-internet application charge||Additional applicant charge |
18 and over
|Additional applicant charge under 18|
|Temporary Graduate (Subclass 485)||8a|
Our deliverable if registered for an Australia visa process:
- You will be assigned a Registered migration agent soon from our office in Melbourne Australia who shall initiate your application process, after your details are checked by our agent and receiving a signed service agreement.
- You will also be assigned a Process executive from India, who will be assisting your Registered migration agent to co-ordinate with you and providing required assistance on the application documentation and related queries with RMA’s consent and approval.
- Advise on the complete process stage-wise by RMA.
- Provide you the document checklist stage-wise and assisting you with the requisites and the alternatives.
- Provide documents samples and assist you with inputs wherever necessary.
- Representing your file and submission of your application with the concerned Australian assessing authorities (where applicable) and immigration department.
- Advise on health and character requirements.
Y-Axis Immigration Department
- We offer documentation processing, application & filing services for those interested in immigrating.
- Our Immigration Processing Department ranks amongst the best in the world. A strong research team ensures that cases are evaluated and processed as per the latest updated rules and regulations.
- Our experience at having filed thousands of applications over the last 16 years has resulted in a strong & comprehensive case study database.
- Our offices across the Indian Subcontinent and Overseas make us the only consultant in India with a widespread presence, because of which we file the highest number of application from India. Y-AXIS also employs and works with regulated & accredited immigration lawyers in our own offices in London & Canada and partner offices in Australia and New Zealand. We have the highest success rate in India & over 50% of our business comes from referrals & word of mouth.
- They are five countries that currently have a point based immigration programme. Point based immigration is a good option for those who want to work & settle overseas.
- There are a number of categories under which an applicant can file his/her application. You can either apply independently/a relative sponsor you/an overseas Employer sponsor you Or the country itself sponsor you. Applicants whose occupations are in demand usually get bonus points & faster processing. Each country has their specific list of occupations.
10 Good Reasons Why Choose Y-Axis
- We are the established Market Leaders in overseas careers with company owned and operated branch in your city. We do not have franchisees. Most of our customers come to us through word of mouth which we built based on trust and quality over the years.
- We are a one stop shop for all your overseas career needs.
- You get the benefit from our deep and extensive knowledge base which we have accumulated from processing thousands of cases similar to yours.
- We have a pulse on global trends in careers and immigration and always have updated information which we share with you through our weekly newsletters and email alerts.
- We have rock solid financial credentials that you would seek in the company when you would be making an investment of a large sum and the outcome is critical to your life and career.
- We are system driven and have transparent processes and costs. All our offices are designed keeping this principle in mind–the reason why you will notice a lot of see through glass.
- We conduct business in good faith and you will notice that our agreements are fair and reasonable.
- We help you search for a job and settle down. Our Job Search Services Department is one of the strengths of our company.
- We have the best consultants in the market who are competent, committed and experienced. You will notice this yourself.
- We are competitively priced and offer flexible payment options and charge on a success fee basis. If we don’t deliver, we refund.
For more details please Contact Us.
Why should you file your migration petition this month?
Why should you not delay?
Rules may change. Everything has a quota!
Immigration rules are volatile and governments are always debating whether to close the door or whom to close the door on. Don't take the rules for granted. Apply now when you are eligible! You may not be eligible, a few months from now.
You save time:
If you postpone your decision, you end up in the same career junction even next year. Take a decision and advance your career right now.
You aren’t growing any younger!
Most countries have an age limit and it gets stricter as you grow older. You may not be eligible even a year later. And then as you get older, you ability to adjust to new surroundings also decreases.
you may also earn extra points for age!
Your kids adjust faster when they are younger:
Your kids adjust better and learn faster when younger. Remember, this opportunity is for them too.
Better in every way:
If you are not married, it will improve your profile and get you a better partner.
It is never a bad thing to hold a PR visa that allows you to work & live overseas.
It is never a bad thing to hold an additional UK, Australia, Germany or Canadian Passport.
No kids? Even better:
If you are married and do not have children yet, your kids born inside the country will become Naturalized Citizens automatically.
You may change your mind:
You or your spouse may change your mind later and may miss on something good in your life and for your children.
Treat your migration petition as an investment for the future – yours and your children. Apply for it now, watch it mature later. Avail of the benefits all your life.
So, why should you sign up now, because you need to strike when the iron is hot!