Want to apply for Australian PR Visa Subclasses 190/489? But not sure what the process entails? Y-Axis has specially designed this service so that you can complete your application process in 3 easy steps:
- Submit an EOI
EOI or an expression of interest is the first step of the application process for an Australian PR for skilled migrants. It is an expression of your interest to the Australian Authorities in migrating to Australia. You can fill an EOI application through SkillSelect tool and submit the same to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection in Australia. You can update your EOI application in line with the changes in rules; until you get an invitation by the Australian government.
- Receive a state sponsorship
You must be nominated by a state or territory in Australia in order to apply for a skilled nominated visa, which happens upon receiving your EOI. The authorities from the state or territory of Australia will send an invitation to submit your visa application.
3) Submit DIPB application
Upon receiving a state sponsorship, you have to submit your visa application to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection in Australia (DIBP), within the timeframe mentioned on your invitation letter. The DIPB has every right to accept or reject your application.
December 15, 2014
Occupational changes in Subclass 190/489 happen almost everyday. For the most recent update related to Subclass 189, 190, and 489, click here.
October 30, 2014
click here for updates related to:
- Western Australia Update : Website Outage Notification
- Vetassess Update: Office Closure
- Engineers Australia Update: Migration Skills Assessment Online Application System
Western Australia State Sponsorship Update: Christmas Holidays
Closures over the Christmas holidays. The Skilled Migration Western Australia office will be closed from Thursday 25 December 2014 and will reopen on Monday 5 January 2015.
No invitations for State nomination will be sent during this time. The processing of applications for State nomination may also be delayed by approximately 10 working days in addition to the advertised processing times.
- I Applied For My Australia PR Via YAxisReview By: sudha kolas I Applied for my Australia PR via YAxis,i got a call from yogesh who explained me clearly and i called him many times to clarify my queries and he was very patient and cool enough to… Continue Reading → The post I Applied For My Australia PR Via YAxis appeared first on Y-Axis Customer Reviews. […]
- Y-Axis Providing Excellent Services & Assistance In Filing My PR For AustraliaReview By: Mustafa Chechatwala I thank Y-Axis for providing excellent services and assistance in filing my PR for Australia. My process consultant Ms. Nitya Chebolu has been very polite and co-operating throughout the whole journey and has shown enormous amount… Continue Reading → The post Y-Axis Providing Excellent Services & Assistance In Filing My PR For Australia appeared first on Y-Axis Customer Reviews. […]
- Good Service And Helped Me Iin Getting Through My PRReview By: Srikanth Gunnala Good Service. They helped me in getting through my PR. Special thanks to my process consultant Sri Lakshmi B N V S. Her support is simply superb. [ buy cialis online viagra | generic omnigen viagra… Continue Reading → The post Good Service And Helped Me Iin Getting Through My PR appeared first on Y-Axis Customer Reviews. […]
To migrate under the Skilled Independent Visa, applicants have to meet certain basic criteria listed below:
- Age: Age of the applicant should be between 18 -49 years, which can help them score anywhere between 15 to 30 points depending upon the point scoring system.
- English language: You should prove that you are proficient in English by submitting your IELTS, TOEFL IBT or PTE test scores. The threshold scores for each of the testing categories is as follows: For IELTS – you need to score a minimum of 6 points in all the components of the test; For TOEFL IBT - you need to score 12 in listening, 13 in reading, 21 in Writing, 18 in speaking for TOEFL IBT exam or you need to score a minimum of 50 points for PTE Academic test.
You are exempt from providing English proficiency scores, if you are a citizen of or hold a valid passport for the following countries: United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, United States of America and Republic of Ireland.
You must achieve a proficient or superior level in English tests to demonstrate competency in the language. Test results proving proficiency in English have to provided at the time of submitting your application. Desirable scores along with proficiency levels for each test are mentioned below:
English Language proficiency level
Average/total/overall across test components only
Proficient (for points tested Skilled visas)
Superior (for points tested Skilled visas)
- Nominated occupation: The applicant should nominate himself/herself for an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) for visa subclasses 189 and 489 (if sponsored by a relative).
- Skill Assessment: It is necessary that an applicant gets a positive skill assessment score for a nominated occupation, before filing for an EOI.
- Maintenance funds: The applicants should show sufficient funds for maintenance so as to get sponsorship from an Australian state or territory.
- Points can also be earned on the basis of criteria listed below:
- Overseas Experience (Experience outside Australia): Applicants can claim between 5-15 points for having three/five/eight years in the last 10 years, for overseas experience under their nominated occupation.
- Overseas Qualification (Qualifications outside Australia): Applicants can score between 10-20 points for qualifications at the Bachelors, Master’s or PhD levels that are recognized by Australia’s skill assessment body. A relevant assessing authority for the nominated occupation can determine if your qualification is comparable to Australian standards of qualification.
- Australian Work Experience: Applicants can claim between 5 to 20 points for having a full-time paid employment in Australia, for a period of one/three/five/eight years, in his/her occupation.
- Australian Study: Applicants can claim between 5-15 points, for Australian study qualifications lasting two academic years or more.
- Partner Skills: Applicants can claim up to 5 points under partner skills, if their partner satisfies the basic criteria for age, fluency in English language, qualifications and score of the skills assessment test. A partner should obtain positive scores from the skill assessing authority and favorable language test scores, in order to prove their competence in English language. Occupation nominated by the spouse should be from the same SOL as the chosen by the primary applicant for his/her visa application.
- Professional years/ Credentials in community language: Applicants can score up to 5 points for completing a Professional program in Australia for a period of 12 months in the last 4 years; or for earning a Credential for community language as a Para-professional translator by NAATI.
- Sponsorship by a State/Territory: Applicant’s nominated occupation should be listed in the SOL as per the state and he/she should meet the eligibility criteria that are set by the state. The applicant needs to commit that he/she would live and work in the designated state/territory for a period of 2 years.
- Specified Regional Areas: An applicant must have lived in regional Australia or a low population growth metropolitan area for at least two years, if the applicant is nominated for a visa by a state/territory under this area. These regional areas are listed by the respective postcodes and states in the table below.
Regional and low population growth metropolitan areas:
Regional and low population growth metropolitan areas
New South Wales (NSW)Anywhere except Sydney, Newcastle, the Central Coast and Wollongong
2311 to 2312, 2328 to 2411, 2420 to 2490, 2536 to 2551, 2575 to 2594, 2618 to 2739, 2787 to 2898
Queensland Anywhere except the greater Brisbane area and the Gold Coast
4124 to 4125, 4133, 4211, 4270 to 4272, 4275, 4280, 4285, 4287, 4307 to 4499, 4515, 4517 to 4519, 4522 to 4899
Victoria Anywhere except the Melbourne metropolitan area
3211 to 3334, 3340 to 3424, 3430 to 3649, 3658 to 3749, 3753, 3756, 3758, 3762, 3764, 3778 to 3781, 3783, 3797, 3799, 3810 to 3909, 3921 to 3925, 3945 to 3974, 3979, 3981 to 3996
Western Australia Anywhere except Perth and surrounding areas
6041 to 6044, 6083 to 6084, 6121 to 6126,6200 to 6799
- Health requirements:
Your health standards must adhere to the stipulated parameters. The results of your health check are generally valid for 12 months. The same is applicable for all your dependent family members who are included in your application, regardless of their intention to migrate. You have to undergo a health check up, by authorized doctors appointed the Australian government, at the time of submitting your visa application.
- Character requirements:
You are required to produce a police certificate for each country you have resided in for a period of 12 months or more in the past 10 years, post turning 16 years of age. The same is applicable for all your dependent family members who are above 16 years of age and included in your application, regardless of their intention to migrate.
- Debts to the Australian Government:-
You must have no outstanding debts to the Australian Government or have arranged to repay any outstanding debts to the Australian Government before this visa can be granted.
- Family Members: You can include your family in your visa application, who could be:
- Your partner (married or de facto).
- Yours or your partner’s dependent children (or step children).
- Other dependent relatives.
These family members must meet the minimum criteria for inclusion in your visa application, as your family. You must provide documentary evidence to establish your relationship. Your family members must meet the stipulated health and character criteria.
Dependents above 18 years of age need to prove their fluency in English language by submitting educational documents, where English is the medium of instruction (or) by submitting the IELTS test score of 4.5 & above (or) by paying the second installment of the visa application charges towards English requirements. You can add your family members in your application at the time of filing for the visa and not afterwards.
Application Fees for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program:
- State Sponsorship fee - Varies between AUD$200- AUD$600 (if applicable)
- Education Assessment (if applicable) – Between AUD$60 – AUD$300
- Medicals/Registration – Case specific
- DIBP Application Fee: AUD$3600
- Dependents below 18 years of age: AUD$900
- Dependents above 18 years of age: AUD$1800
- Spouse’s English Requirement Fee: AUD$4885 (This fee is applicable only if the spouse or a dependent above 18 years, is unable met the functional English requirement)
Visa Process Time Lines
Priority Group Number
Visa Sub Class
RSMS Visa Subclasses 119, 857
Low Risk - 5 months
Skilled Regional Visa
High Risk- 8 months
Skill Select Visa Subclass 187
Low Risk- 5 months
Visa subclasses 121, 856
High Risk- 8 months
Skill Select Visa subclass 186
SMP Visa subclasses 176,475,487,886
Skill Select SMP Visa subclasses 190 and 489
Nominated Occupation on the SOL - Schedule 1 Visa subclass 175, 495, 496, 861, 862, 863, 880, 881, 882, 883, 885; and Visa subclasses 176, 475, 487 if not listed in SMP
Skill Select Independent and Family Sponsored Visa subclasses 189 and 489
All visas listed in priority 3 and 4 that are not SMP or under the Nominated Occupation list on the SOL – Schedule 1
Assessment will commence when all cases in priority groups 1-4 are finalized
Full Service & Processing:
Use our professional services to apply for your relevant visa. We have the experience of having processed cases from all over the world. Your chances of success are much higher when you sign up with us.
Our terms & conditions are clear along with a transparent system & clear policies. We only accept applications that we are confident will be a success. You have to first sign up for an evaluation & score 60 points for Skilled Area sponsored visa before we accept your case.
Our Full Service & Processing Includes:
- Document checklist.
- Complete Migration Processing & Application Processing.
- Guidance for Professional Registration Application.
- Forms, Documentation & Petition Filing.
- Guidance in acquiring the specific Police Clearance Certificate.
- Assistance with Medicals.
- Updates & Follow up with the Consulate.
- Visa Interview Preparation – if required.
- Airport Pickup.*
- Accommodation Assistance.*
- Relocation Orientation.*
- Job Search Assistance.*
* These services are provided at an additional cost.
Y-Axis Immigration Department
- We offer documentation processing, application & filing services for those interested in immigrating.
- Our Immigration Processing Department ranks amongst the best in the world. A strong research team ensures that cases are evaluated and processed as per the latest updated rules and regulations.
- Our experience at having filed thousands of applications over the last 16 years has resulted in a strong & comprehensive case study database.
- Our offices across the Indian Subcontinent and Overseas make us the only consultant in India with a widespread presence, because of which we file the highest number of application from India. Y-AXIS also employs and works with regulated & accredited immigration lawyers in our own offices in London & Canada and partner offices in Australia and New Zealand. We have the highest success rate in India & over 50% of our business comes from referrals & word of mouth.
- They are five countries that currently have a point based immigration programme. Point based immigration is a good option for those who want to work & settle overseas.
- There are a number of categories under which an applicant can file his/her application. You can either apply independently /a relative sponsor you / an overseas Employer sponsor you Or the country itself sponsor you. Applicants whose occupations are in demand usually get bonus points & faster processing. Each country has their specific list of occupations.
10 Good Reasons Why Choose Y-Axis
- We are the established Market Leaders in overseas careers with company owned and operated branch in your city. We do not have franchisees. Most of our customers come to us through word of mouth which we built based on trust and quality over the years.
- We are a one stop shop for all your overseas career needs.
- You get the benefit from our deep and extensive knowledge base which we have accumulated from processing thousands of cases similar to yours.
- We have a pulse on global trends in careers and immigration and always have updated information which we share with you through our weekly newsletters and email alerts.
- We have rock solid financial credentials that you would seek in the company when you would be making an investment of a large sum and the outcome is critical to your life and career.
- We are system driven and have transparent processes and costs. All our offices are designed keeping this principle in mind–the reason why you will notice a lot of see through glass.
- We conduct business in good faith and you will notice that our agreements are fair and reasonable.
- We help you search for a job and settle down. Our Job Search Services Department is one of the strengths of our company.
- We have the best consultants in the market who are competent, committed and experienced. You will notice this yourself.
- We are competitively priced and offer flexible payment options and charge on a success fee basis. If we don’t deliver, we refund.
For more details please Contact Us.
Why should you file your migration petition this month?
Why should you not delay?
Rules may change. Everything has a quota!
Immigration rules are volatile and governments are always debating whether to close the door or whom to close the door on. Don't take the rules for granted. Apply now when you are eligible! You may not be eligible, a few months from now.
You save time
If you postpone your decision, you end up in the same career junction even next year. Take a decision and advance your career right now.
You aren’t growing any younger!
Most countries have an age limit and it gets stricter as you grow older. You may not be eligible even a year later. And then as you get older, you ability to adjust to new surroundings also decreases.
Apply now – you may also earn extra points for age!
Your kids adjust faster when they are younger
Your kids adjust better and learn faster when younger. Remember, this opportunity is for them too.
Better in every way
If you are not married, it will improve your profile and get you a better partner.
It is never a bad thing to hold a PR visa that allows you to work & live overseas.
It is never a bad thing to hold an additional UK, Australia, Germany or Canadian Passport.
No kids? Even better
If you are married and do not have children yet, your kids born inside the country will become Naturalized Citizens automatically.
You may change your mind
You or your spouse may change your mind later and may miss on something good in your life and for your children.
Treat your migration petition as an investment for the future – yours and your children. Apply for it now, watch it mature later. Avail of the benefits all your life.
So, why should you sign up now, because you need to strike when the iron is hot!