This is a permanent residence visa for points-tested skilled workers who want to work and live in Australia. To be able to apply for this visa you need to submit an expression of interest and then be invited through Skill Select to apply. You can be in or outside Australia when you apply and when the visa is granted. Further you have to have a positive skills assessment report from the respective skills assessment authority based on your occupation to apply for EOI.
April 6, 2016
Revision of skills assessment fee effective 1st July 2016
- Assessment of application - AUD635
- Appeal of assessment outcome - AUD635
- Skilled Employment Statement (SES) * - AUD215
- Copy of assessment outcome - AUD90
A fee applies when a SES is requested after the issue of an assessment outcome or an applicant wants a previous SES to be revised/updated to include recent employment.
- Y-Axis Has Done A Good Job With My Parents Australia Visa ProcessingReview By: Samuel Nalukurthi Y-Axis has done a good job with my parents Australia visa processing’ Aarti N was the consultant, She is quick in responding to emails and always kept in touch on how the process is going on.… Continue Reading → The post Y-Axis Has Done A Good Job With My Parents Australia Visa Processing appeared first on Y-Axis Customer Reviews. […]
- I Have Got The PR Invitation And Going To File It In The Following DaysReview By: Akshay Sharma It’s been a great experience till now. My process is being handled by Satish Ellapu. He knows the process thoroughly and has helped me immensely in the process. I have got the PR invitation and going… Continue Reading → The post I Have Got The PR Invitation And Going To File It In The Following Days appeared first on Y-Axis Customer Reviews. […]
- Very Responsive And Helping Me To Sort Out All The QueriesReview By: Pragati Srivastava Very Good services provided by Srikanth E……I always find very responsive and helping me to sort out all the queries in a very efficient way….Thanks a lot so far ….Regards, Rohit Raizaday The post Very Responsive And Helping Me To Sort Out All The Queries appeared first on Y-Axis Customer Reviews. […]
- Social Security - New migrants must wait 2 years before they can receive most social security income support payments.
- Health care - Permanent residence holders are entitled to immediate entitlement of public heath care through a Government scheme called Medicare.
- Schooling - Children aged between 6-18 years are entitled to attend public (government-funded) schools.
- Family tax benefit - There are no waiting periods for family tax benefit
- Parenting payment - Generally, to qualify for a parenting payment, a person has to live in Australia as a permanent resident for at least 2 years. Different rules apply for single parents.
- Aged Pension - Usually to qualify for an aged pension, a person must have lived in Australia as a permanent resident for at least 10 years.
- Disability Support pension - If a permanent resident becomes unable to work for at least 30 hours per week because of a disability, they are entitled to claim a disability support pension no matter how long they have been living in Australia.
You might be eligible to apply for this visa if invited. When you receive a letter of invitation, you must also have:
- Nominated an occupation that is on the relevant occupation list.
- Obtained a suitable skills assessment for that occupation.
- Not yet turned 45 years of age.
- Achieved the score specified in your letter of invitation based on the factors in the points test.
- At least competent English.
The applicants have to satisfy the basic requirements to migrate under the skilled Independent visa.
Age:- The age of the applicant should be between 18 -45 years. Minimum points 15 with a maximum up to 30 can be granted.
English language:- Engineers Australia has announced that from the 1st January 2016, Engineers Australia will be accepting the TOEFL iBT® as an alternative English Language Test to address the English language competency element of the Migration Skills Assessment.
Applicants submitting their application on or after the 1st January 2016 will be able to provide either an IELTS test result form with a score of 6 or more in each of the 4 modules, or a TOEFL iBT® result with the following minimal scores for each module:
- Listening: 12
- Reading: 13
- Writing: 21
- Speaking: 18
Applicants will need to upload the test results, as well as write their registration number. TOEFL iBT® results will be accepted up to 2 years after the test date.
Nominated occupation:- The applicant should nominate an occupation on the relevant list that matches with his /her skills, qualifications and work experience.
Skill Assessment:- It is mandatory for an applicant to get a positive skill assessment for a nominated occupation before the EOI is lodged.
Points can also be earned on the following eligibility criteria:
- Overseas Experience points (Experience outside Australia):- The applicant for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program can claim points for having three/five/eight years of overseas experience in the nominated occupation in the last 10 years. Minimum points 5 with a maximum up to 15 can be granted.
- Overseas Qualification points (Qualifications gained outside Australia):- The applicant for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program can claim points for recognized qualifications which is at a level of Bachelors or higher or PhD. or holding qualifications that are assessed by the assessing body during the skills assessment. Minimum points 10 with a maximum up to 20 can be granted, according to the level of qualification AQF Diploma or Bachelors /higher or Ph.D or a qualifications recognized by the assessing body during the assessment. The relevant assessing authority for your nominated occupation can usually determine whether your qualifications are of a standard that is comparable to a relevant Australian qualification.
- Australian Experience: - The applicant for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program can claim points for having worked in Australia for one/three/five/eight in one of the occupations, in a full-time paid employment. Minimum points 5 with a maximum up to 20 can be granted.
- Australian Study :- The applicant for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program can claim additional points for Australian study for a qualification which is a course of at least two Academic years or more. Minimum points 5 with a maximum up to 15 can be granted.
- Partner Skills :- The applicant for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program can claim points under partner skills, if the partner satisfies the basic requirements of age, English language ability, qualifications and skills assessment result. The partner should obtain positive skills assessment from the relevant assessing authority and IELTS of 6 in each band. Spouse nominated occupation should be from the same occupations list that of the main applicant.
- Professional years/ Credential community language:- Professional year programs for at least 12 months done from Australia in the last 4 years and Credential community language qualification points if you have been assessed as a Para professional translator by NAATI will lead to 5 points.
You must meet certain health requirements. The health examinations you need will depend on your personal circumstances, including your country of citizenship, time spent in another country during the last five years and your intended activities in Australia. The results of your health examinations are generally valid for 12 months.
This applies to you and any dependent family members included in your application.
You must meet certain character requirements. You must provide a police certificate from each country you have lived in for 12 months or more during the past 10 years after you turned 16 years of age.
This applies to you and all the dependent family members listed in your application, whether they are migrating or not.
Debts to the Australian Government
You must have no outstanding debts to the Australian Government or have arranged to repay any outstanding debts to the Australian Government before this visa can be granted.
You can include the following people in your visa application:
- Your partner (married or de facto)
- Your or your partner’s dependent children
These family members must meet the requirements for including family members in your application. The application must include documentary evidence of their relationship to you. Your family members must be able to show that they meet health and character requirements regardless they are willing to migrate or not.
Dependent visa applicants, who are above 18 years are required to meet at least Functional English requirement through study where medium of instruction is in English or by IELTS test scores of 4.5 and above or by paying visa second installment charges towards English requirements.
You can add your partner and dependent children to your application at any time until your visa is decided.
- Skill Assessment fee – AUD$300- AUD$2200
- Education Assessment (if applicable) – AUD$60 – 300
Visa Process Time Lines
Priority Group Number
Visa Sub Class
RSMS (Subclass 119, 857)
Low Risk - 5 months
High Risk- 8 months
Skill Select (subclass 187)
Low Risk- 5 months
High Risk- 8 months
Skill Select (subclass 186)
Skill Select SMP(subclass 190 and 489)
Nominated Occupation on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) - Schedule 1(subclass 175, 495, 496, 861, 862, 863, 880, 881, 882, 883, 885 and 176, 475, 487 if not SMP)
Skill Select Independent and Family Sponsored
(subclass 189 and 489)
All visas listed in priority 3 and 4 that are not SMP or Nominated Occupation on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) – Schedule 1
Assessment will commence when all cases in priority groups 1-4 are finalized
Our Full Service & Processing Includes:
- Document checklist
- Complete Migration Processing & Application Processing
- Forms, Documentation & Petition Filing
- Guidance on acquiring the specific Police Clearance Certificate
- Assistance with Medicals
- Updates & Follow up with the DIBP
- Visa Interview Preparation – if required
- Airport Pickup*
- Accommodation Assistance*
- Relocation Orientation*
- Job Search Assistance*
*These services are provided at an additional cost.
Y-Axis Immigration Department
We offer documentation processing, application & filing services for those interested in immigrating.
Our Immigration Processing Department ranks amongst the best in the world. A strong research team ensures that cases are evaluated and processed as per the latest updated rules and regulations.
Our experience at having filed thousands of applications over the last 16 years has resulted in a strong & comprehensive case study database.
Our offices across the Indian Subcontinent and Overseas make us the only consultant in India with a widespread presence, because of which we file the highest number of application from India. Y-AXIS also employs and works with regulated & accredited immigration lawyers in our own offices in London & Canada and partner offices in Australia and New Zealand. We have the highest success rate in India & over 50% of our business comes from referrals & word of mouth.
They are five countries that currently have a point based immigration programme. Point based immigration is a good option for those who want to work & settle overseas.
There are a number of categories under which an applicant can file his/her application. You can either apply independently /a relative sponsor you / an overseas Employer sponsor you Or the country itself sponsor you. Applicants whose occupations are in demand usually get bonus points & faster processing. Each country has their specific list of occupations.
10 Good Reasons Why Choose Y-Axis
- We are the established Market Leaders in overseas careers with company owned and operated branch in your city. We do not have franchisees. Most of our customers come to us through word of mouth which we built based on trust and quality over the years.
- We are a one stop shop for all your overseas career needs.
- You get the benefit from our deep and extensive knowledge base which we have accumulated from processing thousands of cases similar to yours.
- We have a pulse on global trends in careers and immigration and always have updated information which we share with you through our weekly newsletters and email alerts.
- We have rock solid financial credentials that you would seek in the company when you would be making an investment of a large sum and the outcome is critical to your life and career.
- We are system driven and have transparent processes and costs. All our offices are designed keeping this principle in mind–the reason why you will notice a lot of see through glass.
- We conduct business in good faith and you will notice that our agreements are fair and reasonable.
- We help you search for a job and settle down. Our Job Search Services Department is one of the strengths of our company.
- We have the best consultants in the market who are competent, committed and experienced. You will notice this yourself.
- We are competitively priced and offer flexible payment options and charge on a success fee basis. If we don’t deliver, we refund.
For more details please Contact Us.
Why should you file your migration petition this month?
Why should you not delay?
Rules may change. Everything has a quota!
Immigration rules are volatile and governments are always debating whether to close the door or whom to close the door on. Don't take the rules for granted. Apply now when you are eligible! You may not be eligible, a few months from now.
You save time
If you postpone your decision, you end up in the same career junction even next year. Take a decision and advance your career right now.
You aren’t growing any younger!
Most countries have an age limit and it gets stricter as you grow older. You may not be eligible even a year later. And then as you get older, you ability to adjust to new surroundings also decreases.
Apply now – you may also earn extra points for age!
Your kids adjust faster when they are younger
Your kids adjust better and learn faster when younger. Remember, this opportunity is for them too.
Better in every way
If you are not married, it will improve your profile and get you a better partner.
It is never a bad thing to hold a PR visa that allows you to work & live overseas.
It is never a bad thing to hold an additional UK, Australia, Germany or Canadian Passport.
No kids? Even better
If you are married and do not have children yet, your kids born inside the country will become Naturalized Citizens automatically.
You may change your mind
You or your spouse may change your mind later and may miss on something good in your life and for your children.
Treat your migration petition as an investment for the future – yours and your children. Apply for it now, watch it mature later. Avail of the benefits all your life.
So, why should you sign up now, because you need to strike when the iron is hot!