To qualify for an Australian Skilled Sponsored Visa or Regional State Sponsored visa, you must start by submitting an Expression of Interest form via the SkillSelect tool online. You must also apply for state sponsorship. Submitting an Expression of Interest (EOI) and getting a State Sponsorship; are two crucial steps to get a Skilled Visa Subclass 190 or 189. Success in these two stages of document submission will determine the acceptance of your visa application by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP). Keeping this in mind, we at Y-Axis have designed the Australia EOI + State Sponsorship service for Visa Subclasses 190 or 189.
We ensure that you follow all the application guidelines and submit your forms successfully with supporting documents. An EOI application that has been nominated by the state/regional state in Australia will automatically get an invitation to apply for a visa. Should you receive an invitation to apply for the visa by the Immigration Authorities, you will have a 60 day period to submit your online visa application.
December 15, 2014
Occupational changes in Subclass 190/489 happen almost everyday. For the most recent update related to Subclass 189, 190, and 489, click here.
October 30, 2014
Click here for updates related to:
- Western Australia Update : Website Outage Notification
- Vetassess Update: Office Closure
- Engineers Australia Update: Migration Skills Assessment Online Application System
Western Australia State Sponsorship Update: Christmas Holidays
Closures over the Christmas holidays. The Skilled Migration Western Australia office will be closed from Thursday 25 December 2014 and will reopen on Monday 5 January 2015.
No invitations for State nomination will be sent during this time. The processing of applications for State nomination may also be delayed by approximately 10 working days in addition to the advertised processing times.
October 8, 2014
NSW Program Update
Latest NSW-State-Occupation-List that will be sponsored by NSW for October 2014 intake. Applications will be accepted from Wednesday the 22nd Oct, 2014 and will close on receiving 1000 application. This list is applicable for Sub-class 190 visa only.
October 1, 2014
NSW announced that occupation list for 2nd quarter intake of applications will be delayed till mid of October 2014. Further it has mentioned that they might start taking applications only by end of October 2014 and so applicants have to wait for the updated occupations list and then the date for filing the state sponsorship applications under 190 sub class.
ACT State Sponsorship Update:
ACT occupations list has been updated and all the occupations which were previously under limited availability have been closed now and applicants cannot apply for state sponsorship, effective 1/10/2014.
In ACT there are 3 stages of availability - open, limited and closed. This update is applicable for 190 sub class visa.
September 27, 2014
Victoria State Sponsorship for ICT occupations closed for 3 months. Click here for more info on the same.
- Y-axis Was Very Well Knowledgeable About The Whole ProcessReview By: Ganapathy K R The consultant, Afroz Syed, at Y-axis was very well knowledgeable about the whole process and helped me with all my queries. The process would had been difficult without the continued support from the team at… Continue Reading → The post Y-axis Was Very Well Knowledgeable About The Whole Process appeared first on Y-Axis Customer Reviews. […]
- My Experience Overall With Yaxis Has Been DecentReview By: Nikitha Krishnamurthy My experience overall with Y axis has been decent…..I feel that the employees need to be more proactive and knowledgeable in terms of the entire process and documentation….There have been instances wherein i had to consult… Continue Reading → The post My Experience Overall With Yaxis Has Been Decent appeared first on Y-Axis Customer Reviews. […]
- Y-Axis Support Had Been Extremely Good For Australia PR ProcessingReview By: Dev Ravindran Y-Axis support had been extremely good for Australia PR processing. My Process consultant, Mr. Jonathan, had been very supportive in providing clear PR process requirements, documentation requirements and time frame for each of the sub-activity. I… Continue Reading → The post Y-Axis Support Had Been Extremely Good For Australia PR Processing appeared first on Y-Axis Customer Reviews. […]
In addition to the invitation by the Australian government, you must also fulfill the following criteria:
- You should be a nominee of an Australian state/territory (or) sponsored by a relative living in the designated regional area.
- *Your occupation falls under the purview of the skilled occupations list.
- *You should be under 50 years of age.
- You should meet the criteria for English language.
- You should score the required points.
To be eligible for an invitation you have to earn a minimum of 60 points on the points scoring system. Your invitation letter will specify the required score and you should be able to support the same at the time of submitting your application.
- Age: Age of the applicant should be between 18 -49 years, which can help them score anywhere between 15 to 30 points depending upon the point scoring system.
- English language: You should prove that you are proficient in English by submitting your IELTS, TOEFL IBT or PTE test scores. The threshold scores for each of the testing categories is as follows: For IELTS – you need to score a minimum of 6 points in all the components of the test; For TOEFL IBT - you need to score 12 in listening, 13 in reading, 21 in Writing, 18 in speaking for TOEFL IBT exam or you need to score a minimum of 50 points for PTE Academic test.
You are exempt from providing English proficiency scores, if you are a citizen of or hold a valid passport for the following countries: United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, United States of America and Republic of Ireland.
You must achieve a proficient or superior level in English tests to demonstrate competency in the language. Test results proving proficiency in English have to provided at the time of submitting your application. Desirable scores along with proficiency levels for each test are mentioned below:
English Language proficiency level
Average/total/overall across test components only
Proficient (for points tested Skilled visas)
Superior (for points tested Skilled visas)
- Nominated occupation: The applicant should nominate himself/herself for an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) for visa subclasses 189 and 489 (if sponsored by a relative).
- Skill Assessment: It is necessary that an applicant gets a positive skill assessment score for a nominated occupation, before filing for an EOI.
- Maintenance funds: The applicants should show sufficient funds for maintenance so as to get sponsorship from an Australian state or territory.
- Points can also be earned on the basis of criteria listed below:
- Overseas Experience (Experience outside Australia): Applicants can claim between 5-15 points for having three/five/eight years in the last 10 years, for overseas experience under their nominated occupation.
- Overseas Qualification (Qualifications outside Australia): Applicants can score between 10-20 points for qualifications at the Bachelors, Master’s or PhD levels that are recognized by Australia’s skill assessment body. A relevant assessing authority for the nominated occupation can determine if your qualification is comparable to Australian standards of qualification.
- Australian Work Experience: Applicants can claim between 5 to 20 points for having a full-time paid employment in Australia, for a period of one/three/five/eight years, in occupations listed under SOL.
- Australian Study: Applicants can claim between 5-10 points, for Australian study qualifications lasting two academic years or more.
- Partner Skills: Applicants can claim up to 5 points under partner skills, if their partner satisfies the basic criteria for age, fluency in English language, qualifications and score of the skills assessment test. A partner should obtain positive scores from the skill assessing authority and favorable language test scores, in order to prove their competence in English language. Occupation nominated by the spouse should be the same as the one chosen by the primary applicant.
- Professional years/ Credentials in community language: Applicants can score up to 5 points for completing a Professional program in Australia for a period of 12 months in the last 4 years; or for earning a Credential for community language as a Para-professional translator by NAATI.
- Sponsorship by a State/Territory: Applicant’s nominated occupation should be listed in the SOL as per the state and he/she should meet the eligibility criteria that are set by the state. The applicant needs to commit that he/she would live and work in the designated state/territory for a period of 2 years.
- Specified Regional Areas: An applicant must have lived in regional Australia or a low population growth metropolitan area for at least two years, if the applicant is nominated for a visa by a state/territory under this area. These regional areas are listed by the respective postcodes and states in the table below.
Regional and low population growth metropolitan areas
New South Wales (NSW)Anywhere except Sydney, Newcastle, the Central Coast and Wollongong
2311 to 2312, 2328 to 2411, 2420 to 2490, 2536 to 2551, 2575 to 2594, 2618 to 2739, 2787 to 2898
Queensland Anywhere except the greater Brisbane area and the Gold Coast
4124 to 4125, 4133, 4211, 4270 to 4272, 4275, 4280, 4285, 4287, 4307 to 4499, 4515, 4517 to 4519, 4522 to 4899
Victoria Anywhere except the Melbourne metropolitan area
3211 to 3334, 3340 to 3424, 3430 to 3649, 3658 to 3749, 3753, 3756, 3758, 3762, 3764, 3778 to 3781, 3783, 3797, 3799, 3810 to 3909, 3921 to 3925, 3945 to 3974, 3979, 3981 to 3996
Western Australia Anywhere except Perth and surrounding areas
6041 to 6044, 6083 to 6084, 6121 to 6126,6200 to 6799
- The applicant should be sponsored by an eligible sponsor who is an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or a citizen of New Zealand citizen with a Special Category Visa.
- Relation: Relationship between an applicant and a sponsor can be that of a brother, sister, parent, Non-dependent child, Uncle, Aunt, Nephew, Niece, first cousin, relative of the applicant’s spouse, de-facto spouse, inter-dependent partner or step-relatives.
- Location: The sponsor should be living in the designated areas of Australia, before filing for the application and should also prove that he/she will continue living in Australia till the visa is granted.
- Assistance: The sponsor will have to sign for an undertaking, stating that he/she will provide the required assistance to support the applicant’s financial and social obligations for a period of 2 years and make the dependent’s stay comfortable in Australia.
State or territory
Australian Capital Territory (ACT)
New South Wales (NSW)(except Sydney, Newcastle and Wollongong)
2311 to 2312, 2328 to 2333, 2336 to 2490, 2535 to 2551, 2575 to 2739, 2787 to 2898
Queensland(anywhere outside the Brisbane metropolitan area)
4019 to 4028, 4037 to 4050, 4079 to 4100, 4114, 4118, 4124 to 4150, 4158 to 4168, 4180 to 4899
- Health requirements:
Your health standards must adhere to the stipulated parameters. The results of your health check are generally valid for 12 months. The same is applicable for all your dependent family members who are included in your application, regardless of their intention to migrate.. You have to undergo a health check up, by authorized doctors appointed the Australian government, at the time of submitting your visa application.
- Character requirements:
You are required to produce a police certificate for each country you have resided in for a period of 12 months or more in the past 10 years, post turning 16 years of age. The same is applicable for all your dependent family members who are above 16 years of age and included in your application, regardless of their intention to migrate.
- Debts to the Australian Government:-
You must have no outstanding debts to the Australian Government or have arranged to repay any outstanding debts to the Australian Government before this visa can be granted.
- Family Members: You can include your family in your visa application, who could be:
- Your partner (married or de facto).
- Yours or your partner’s dependent children (or step children).
- Other dependent relatives.
These family members must meet the minimum criteria for inclusion in your visa application, as your family. You must provide documentary evidence to establish your relationship. Your family members must meet the stipulated health and character criteria.
Dependents above 18 years of age need to prove their fluency in English language by submitting educational documents, where English is the medium of instruction (or) by submitting the IELTS test score of 4.5 & above (or) by paying the second installment of the visa application charges towards English requirements. You can add your family members in your application at the time of filing for the visa and not afterwards.
This visa allows you and your family to:
- *Stay in Australia for a period of four years.
- Live, work and study in a specified regional areas of Australia
- Travel outside Australia indefinitely till the validity period.
- Make a pathway for a permanent visa in Australia.
- You are not eligible for any benefits on this visa.
Application Fees for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program is as mentioned below:
- State Sponsorship fee- Varies between AUD$200- AUD$600 (if applicable)
- EOI is a free application.
Our deliverables for an Australia visa registration are:
- We will assign a process consultant to assist you with the documentation process.
- Our process consultant will advise you at each and every stage of the visa application process.
- Our process consultant will provide a step-wise document checklist and assist you with the pre-requisites for documentation and suggest the alternative documents, if applicable.
- Our process consultant will provide sample documents and assist you wherever necessary.
- Our process consultant will advise you with the type of documentation required for health and character certificates.
- Airport Pickup*
- Accommodation Assistance*
- Relocation Orientation*
- Job Search Assistance*
- Services incur additional costs.
Y-Axis Immigration Department
- We offer documentation processing, application & filing services related to immigration.
- Our Immigration Processing Department ranks amongst the best in the world; and our strong research team evaluates and processes each application as per the latest rules and regulations in place.
- Our experience of 16 years, in filing thousands of immigration applications has resulted in a strong, comprehensive and a case-study database.
- Our offices across India and Overseas make us the only immigration consultant in India with a global presence. As a result, we file the highest number of visa applications from India. Y-Axis also employs and works with regulated and accredited immigration lawyers through company-owned offices in London and Canada; and through partner offices in Australia and New Zealand.
- We have the highest success rate in visa approvals for applications from India and more than 50% of our customer base is churned through client referrals and word of mouth.
- Currently, there are five countries which have a point-based immigration program. Point based immigration program is a good option for people who want to work and settle overseas.
- An applicant can file for a visa application under a number of visa categories. You can apply for a visa independently/have a family member to sponsor you / have an overseas employer to sponsor you/have the country to sponsor you. Applicants, who fall under skills that are in demand, usually get bonus points on their visa and also get their visa faster. Each country has a list of occupations that are in demand.
10 Good Reasons Why Choose Y-Axis
- We are the established Market Leaders in overseas careers with company owned and operated branch in your city. We do not have franchisees. Most of our customers come to us through word of mouth which we built based on trust and quality over the years.
- We are a one stop shop for all your overseas career needs.
- You get the benefit from our deep and extensive knowledge base which we have accumulated from processing thousands of cases similar to yours.
- We have a pulse on global trends in careers and immigration and always have updated information which we share with you through our weekly newsletters and email alerts.
- We have rock solid financial credentials that you would seek in the company when you would be making an investment of a large sum and the outcome is critical to your life and career.
- We are system driven and have transparent processes and costs. All our offices are designed keeping this principle in mind–the reason why you will notice a lot of see through glass.
- We conduct business in good faith and you will notice that our agreements are fair and reasonable.
- We help you search for a job and settle down. Our Job Search Services Department is one of the strengths of our company.
- We have the best consultants in the market who are competent, committed and experienced. You will notice this yourself.
- We are competitively priced and offer flexible payment options and charge on a success fee basis. If we don’t deliver, we refund.
For more details please Contact Us.
Why Why should you file for a migration petition this month without delay?
Visas have a quota system and rules keep changing!
Immigration rules are volatile and governments are always debating whether to close the door or whom to close the door on. Don't take the rules for granted. Apply now when you are eligible! You may not be eligible, a few months from now.
Take a decision to advance your career today; don’t leave your chance of a career abroad for tomorrow.
You aren’t growing any younger!
Most countries have an age limit for immigrating and rules get stricter as you grow old. Wait for a year more and you might find yourself ineligible to apply for certain visa categories! What adds to is the fact that people find it difficult to adjust to new surroundings as they grow older.
Apply now – you earn extra points for age!
Not only would you able to adjust to your surroundings faster but your children also will grow up learning and adjusting to the surroundings they grow in.
Single? - You could find better suitors. Live and work abroad with a permanent residency without the hassle of visa renewals. Holding an additional UK, Australia, Germany or Canadian Passport allows you to get a visa on arrival in many countries.
Grow your family
Your children become Naturalized Citizens automatically if they are born in your country of settlement.
Think this through!
Think it through before you change your mind, your migration petition is an investment on your future – both yours and your children’s’. Sign up now and strike the iron when it’s hot!