The Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189 allows you to enjoy permanent residency status in Australia. Your eligibility is decided by parameters set by the point-based test that you should pass; in order to apply for this visa. The visa process is divided into 4 stages – EOI submission, State Sponsorship, DIBP Application process, and Visa Approval.
Upon submitting an Expression of Interest (EOI) through the SkillSelect, which is an online tool on the Australian Immigration Website; you will get an invite to by the respective state or territory in Australia to apply for the visa. You need to submit your visa application with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection. The applications are to be filled online and are pretty easy to fill up, however, your chances for positive response increase, if your EOI and DIBP applications are assisted by experienced professionals.
December 15, 2014
Occupational changes in Subclass 190/489 happen almost everyday. For the most recent update related to Subclass 189, 190, and 489.
- Very Thorough And Diligent Through Every Aspect Of My ApplicationReview By : Amit Dhania It has been an absolute pleasure working with Y-Axis and Lavina for my AUS PR processing request. Lavina has been very thorough and diligent through every aspect of my application; and ensured that we are… Continue Reading → The post Very Thorough And Diligent Through Every Aspect Of My Application appeared first on Y-Axis Customer Reviews. […]
- Received Positive News On ACS Skill AssessmentReview By : nikhil kesavan Dear Team, I have received positive news on ACS Skill Assessment and i am now preparing on clearing PTE for applying EOI(Expression of Interest). Till this stage, Govinda Rao Yaindi, my process Consultant has been… Continue Reading → The post Received Positive News On ACS Skill Assessment appeared first on Y-Axis Customer Reviews. […]
- Constant Followup And Deligence In Making Investment FruitfullReview By : Sat N Appreciate B uma @yaxis for constant followup and deligence for making my efforts and investment fruitfull in securing my PR without further followups. Specials thanks to UMA @ Y-AXIS The post Constant Followup And Deligence In Making Investment Fruitfull appeared first on Y-Axis Customer Reviews. […]
Australia has a big Skilled Occupation List released on regular intervals. Thus, calling skilled migrants on its turf to fulfill their dreams. If you think you can contribute to Australia and also to your life, check eligibility.
This visa allows you and your family to:
- Stay in Australia for a period of four years.
- Live, work and study in a specified regional areas of Australia
- Travel outside Australia indefinitely till the validity period.
- Make a pathway for a permanent visa in Australia.
*You are not eligible for any benefits on this visa.
Visa holders must apply for permanent residency before travelling overseas, if they aspire to return to Australia.
- Social Security - New migrants must wait for a period of 2 years, to avail social security.
- Health care – PR holders have immediate entitlement to public health care services via Medicare, a Government healthcare scheme.
- Schooling – Children between ages 6-18 years are entitled to attend public schools, funded by the government.
- Family tax benefit - There is no waiting period for claiming family tax benefits.
- Parenting payment – You are required to stay in Australia for a period of 2 years as a permanent resident in order to qualify for a parenting payment. Rules for single parents are different from that of parenting payment.
- Aged Pension – You need to stay in Australia for a period of 10 years as a permanent resident, in order to claim Aged pension.
- Disability Support pension - If a permanent resident is unable to work for 30 hours a week, due to disability, he or she is eligible to claim the disability support pension, regardless of their period of stay in Australia.
In addition to receiving an invitation by the Australian government, you must also fulfill the following criteria:
- Your occupation falls under the purview of the skilled occupations list.
- You should have a suitable skill assessment score, for the skill under which you have applied for the visa.
- You should be under 50 years of age.
- You should meet the criteria for English language.
- You should score the required points.
To migrate under the Skilled Independent Visa, applicants have to meet certain basic criteria listed below:
- Age: Age of the applicant should be between 18 -49 years, which can help them score anywhere between 15 to 30 points depending upon the point scoring system.
- English language: You should prove that you are proficient in English by submitting your IELTS, TOEFL IBT or PTE test scores. The threshold scores for each of the testing categories is as follows: For IELTS – you need to score a minimum of 6 points in all the components of the test; For TOEFL IBT - you need to score 12 in listening, 13 in reading, 21 in Writing, 18 in speaking for TOEFL IBT exam or you need to score a minimum of 50 points for PTE Academic test.
You are exempt from providing English proficiency scores, if you are a citizen of or hold a valid passport for the following countries: United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, United States of America and Republic of Ireland.
You must achieve a proficient or superior level in English tests to demonstrate competency in the language. Test results proving proficiency in English have to provided at the time of submitting your application. Desirable scores along with proficiency levels for each test are mentioned below:
English Language proficiency level
Average/total/overall across test components only
Proficient (for points tested Skilled visas)
Superior (for points tested Skilled visas)
- Nominated Occupation:An applicant needs to nominate himself or herself for an occupation under the Skilled Occupation List (SOL), for which they have matching Skills, Qualifications and relevant Work Experience.
- Skill Assessment:It is necessary that an applicant gets a positive skill assessment score for a nominated occupation, before filing for an EOI. Points can also be earned on the basis of criteria listed below:
- Overseas Experience (Experience outside Australia): Applicants can claim between 5-15 points for having three/five/eight years in the last 10 years, for overseas experience under their nominated occupation.
- Overseas Qualification (Qualifications outside Australia): Applicants can score between 10-20 points for qualifications at the Bachelors, Master’s or PhD levels that are recognized by Australia’s skill assessment body. A relevant assessing authority for the nominated occupation can determine if your qualification is comparable to Australian standards of qualification.
- Australian Work Experience: Applicants can claim between 5 to 20 points for having a full-time paid employment in Australia, for a period of one/three/five/eight years, in occupations listed under SOL.
- Australian Study: Applicants can claim between 5-10 points, for Australian study qualifications lasting two academic years or more.
- Partner Skills: Applicants can claim up to 5 points under partner skills, if their partner satisfies the basic criteria for age, fluency in English language, qualifications and score of the skills assessment test. A partner should obtain positive scores from the skill assessing authority and favorable language test scores, in order to prove their competence in English language. Occupation nominated by the spouse should be the same as the one chosen by the primary applicant.
- Professional years/ Credentials in community language: Applicants can score up to 5 points for completing a Professional program in Australia for a period of 12 months in the last 4 years; or for earning a Credential for community language as a Para-professional translator by NAATI.
- Health requirements:
Your health standards must adhere to the stipulated parameters. The results of your health check are generally valid for 12 months. The same is applicable for all your dependent family members who are included in your application, regardless of their intention to migrate. You have to undergo a health check up, by authorized doctors appointed the Australian government, at the time of submitting your visa application.
- Character requirements:
You are required to produce a police certificate for each country you have resided in for a period of 12 months or more in the past 10 years, post turning 16 years of age. The same is applicable for all your dependent family members who are above 16 years of age and included in your application, regardless of their intention to migrate.
- Debts to the Australian Government:-
You must have no outstanding debts to the Australian Government or have arranged to repay any outstanding debts to the Australian Government before this visa can be granted.
- Family Members: You can include your family in your visa application, who could be:
- Your partner (married or de facto).
- Yours or your partner’s dependent children (or step children).
- Other dependent relatives.
These family members must meet the minimum criteria for inclusion in your visa application, as your family. You must provide documentary evidence to establish your relationship. Your family members must meet the stipulated health and character criteria.
Dependents above 18 years of age need to prove their fluency in English language by submitting educational documents, where English is the medium of instruction (or) by submitting the IELTS test score of 4.5 & above (or) by paying the second installment of the visa application charges towards English requirements. You can add your family members in your application at the time of filing for the visa and not afterwards.
- Education Assessment (if applicable) – AUD$60 – 300
- Medical/Registration– case specific.
- DIBP Application Fee: AUD$3600
- Dependents below 18 years of age: AUD$900
- Dependents above 18 years of age: AUD$ 1800
- Spouse’s English Requirement Fee: AUD$4885 (This fee is applicable only if the spouse or a dependent above 18 years, is unable met the functional English requirement)
Visa Process Time Lines
Priority Group Number
Visa Sub Class
RSMS visas Subclasses 119 and 857
Low Risk - 5 months
Skilled Regional Visa
High Risk- 8 months
Skill Select visa subclass 187
Low Risk- 5 months
Visa Subclasses 121 and 856
High Risk- 8 months
Skill Select visa subclass 186
SMP Visa subclasses 176,475,487 and 886
Skill Select SMP visa subclasses 190 and 489
Nominated Occupation in the SOL- Schedule 1 – Visa subclasses 175, 495, 496, 861, 862, 863, 880, 881, 882, 883, 885; and visa subclasses 176, 475, 487 if not in SMP
Skill Select Independent and Family Sponsored visa subclasses 189 and 489
All visas listed in priority 3 and 4 that are not in SMP or in the Nominated Occupation under the SOL – Schedule 1
Assessment will commence when all cases in priority groups 1-4 are finalized
Our deliverables for an Australia visa registration are:
- We will assign a process consultant to assist you with the documentation process.
- Our process consultant will advise you at each and every stage of the visa application process.
- Our process consultant will provide a step-wise document checklist and assist you with the pre-requisites for documentation and suggest the alternative documents, if applicable.
- Our process consultant will provide sample documents and assist you wherever necessary.
- Our process consultant will advise you with the type of documentation required for health and character certificates.
- Airport Pickup*
- Accommodation Assistance*
- Relocation Orientation*
- Job Search Assistance*
*Services incur additional costs.
Y-Axis Immigration Department
- We offer documentation processing, application & filing services related to immigration.
- Our Immigration Processing Department ranks amongst the best in the world; and our strong research team evaluates and processes each application as per the latest rules and regulations in place.
- Our experience of 16 years, in filing thousands of immigration applications has resulted in a strong, comprehensive and a case-study database.
- Our offices across India and Overseas make us the only immigration consultant in India with a global presence. As a result, we file the highest number of visa applications from India. Y-Axis also employs and works with regulated and accredited immigration lawyers through company-owned offices in London and Canada; and through partner offices in Australia and New Zealand.
- We have the highest success rate in visa approvals for applications from India and more than 50% of our customer base is churned through client referrals and word of mouth.
- Currently, there are five countries which have a point-based immigration program. Point based immigration program is a good option for people who want to work and settle overseas.
- An applicant can file for a visa application under a number of visa categories. You can apply for a visa independently/have a family member to sponsor you / have an overseas employer to sponsor you/have the country to sponsor you. Applicants, who fall under skills that are in demand, usually get bonus points on their visa and also get their visa faster. Each country has a list of occupations that are in demand.
10 Good Reasons Why Choose Y-Axis
- We are the established Market Leaders in overseas careers with company owned and operated branch in your city. We do not have franchisees. Most of our customers come to us through word of mouth which we built based on trust and quality over the years.
- We are a one stop shop for all your overseas career needs.
- You get the benefit from our deep and extensive knowledge base which we have accumulated from processing thousands of cases similar to yours.
- We have a pulse on global trends in careers and immigration and always have updated information which we share with you through our weekly newsletters and email alerts.
- We have rock solid financial credentials that you would seek in the company when you would be making an investment of a large sum and the outcome is critical to your life and career.
- We are system driven and have transparent processes and costs. All our offices are designed keeping this principle in mind–the reason why you will notice a lot of see through glass.
- We conduct business in good faith and you will notice that our agreements are fair and reasonable.
- We help you search for a job and settle down. Our Job Search Services Department is one of the strengths of our company.
- We have the best consultants in the market who are competent, committed and experienced. You will notice this yourself.
- We are competitively priced and offer flexible payment options and charge on a success fee basis. If we don’t deliver, we refund.
For more details please Contact Us.
Why should you file for a migration petition this month without delay?
Visas have a quota system and rules keep changing!
Immigration rules are volatile and governments are always debating whether to close the door or whom to close the door on. Don't take the rules for granted. Apply now when you are eligible! You may not be eligible, a few months from now.
Take a decision to advance your career today; don’t leave your chance of a career abroad for tomorrow.
You aren’t growing any younger!
Most countries have an age limit for immigrating and rules get stricter as you grow old. Wait for a year more and you might find yourself ineligible to apply for certain visa categories! What adds to is the fact that people find it difficult to adjust to new surroundings as they grow older.
Apply now – you earn extra points for age!
Not only would you able to adjust to your surroundings faster but your children also will grow up learning and adjusting to the surroundings they grow in.
Single? - You could find better suitors.
Live and work abroad with a permanent residency without the hassle of visa renewals.
Holding an additional UK, Australia, Germany or Canadian Passport allows you to get a visa on arrival in many countries.
Grow your family
Your children become Naturalized Citizens automatically if they are born in your country of settlement.
Think this through!
Think it through before you change your mind, your migration petition is an investment on your future – both yours and your children’s’. Sign up now and strike the iron when it’s hot!