Site icon Y-Axis Overseas Jobs

Work experience essential for a successful Canada PR application

Canada PR

The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) considers skilled work experience in any of the jobs listed in the NOC and the work experience gained while studying as part of the eligibility requirements for PR visa applicants.

If you are applying under the Federal Skilled Worker program under the Express Entry category, then your work experience will be counted.

Work Experience as a student:

According to this rule, if you have worked part-time or full-time while doing your bachelor’s or master’s degree, then the work experience will be considered.

Work experience obtained while you were studying may count towards your minimum requirements if the work was continuous (no job gaps), compensated by wages or commissions and fulfills all other program requirements.

Skilled work experience:

You will be given points for full-time work and not for any seasonal work. Your occupation must be listed as Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This will include:

If the IRCC must consider your work experience for the PR visa application, you must prove that you have performed the duties that appear in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC. This will include all the essential duties and the main duties listed in the description.

Skilled work experience specifications:

You must have worked in the same job that has the same NOC as the job you have specified in your immigration application which will be called your primary occupation

You must have been in this job for the last ten years

Paid work means you must have been paid wages or commission for this job, this exempts volunteer work and unpaid internships

Work experience will include at least one year of continuous work or 1, 560 hours of total work which is 30 hours of work per week.

Work experience will also count towards increasing your CRS score. To score the minimum points you should have at least one year of work experience. If you have more years of work experience you will gain more points.

Having the relevant work experience is essential to be successful in your Canada PR application.

If you are looking to Study in Canada, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate Overseas, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No. 1 Immigration & Visa Company.

Exit mobile version