Australia offers numerous job opportunities for immigrants who wish to move to the country by finding a job.
Those who come here on a work visa enjoy the same basic employee rights and the workplace protection rules given to local employees. Apart from this Australia offers a high standard of living and competitive salaries. Those who work here enjoy social benefits like free healthcare and other social benefits.
Australia offers many work visa options for immigrants to come and work in the country.
The Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186) allows Australian employers to sponsor overseas workers who have the required skills to work in the country.
The visa process involves two steps:
Step 1: Nomination by an approved Australian employer
Step2: The visa application must be made by a qualified overseas worker.
Visa applicants can be within or outside Australia when they apply for this visa.
The Subclass 186 visa has three streams:
- Direct Entry stream
- Labor Agreement stream
- Temporary Residence Transition (TRT) stream
Under the Direct Entry stream, an applicant is eligible for this visa if they are nominated by an Australian employer but must apply for the visa within six months of the nomination.
Eligibility conditions for Subclass 186 visa:
For employer who is nominating the visa:
- Have an active and lawful business
- Must have met the relevant training requirements
- There should be no adverse information against the company
- Must prove that there is a genuine need for an employee in that position
- Mut be ready to pay a salary as per the market rates
The employment position nominated for the visa must be:
- A genuine position
- Full-time position with a duration of minimum two years from the date the visa is granted
- A position which features in the Consolidated Skilled Occupations List (CSOL)
- Having employment terms and conditions which are not less favorable compared to those provided to Australian citizens
Individuals applying for this visa must:
- Be below 45 years
- Have competent English skills
- Complete a skills assessment for their nominated occupation from the relevant assessing authority which is less than three years old
- Have a minimum of three years of work experience
- Must have a license or registration or be a member of a professional body if it is required in the state or territory the applicant wishes to work in
- Meet the required health and character requirements
The Employee Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186) visa is a permanent residency visa. With this visa, you can:
- Work and study in Australia without restrictions
- Stay in Australia for an unlimited period
- Subscribe for Australia’s universal healthcare scheme
- Apply for Australian citizenship
- Sponsor eligible relatives for temporary or permanent visas
Obligations under the Subclass186 visa:
Visa holders and their families must obey all Australian laws and should be ready to work for their nominating employer for at least two years. Those who get the visa must be ready to begin employment within six months of their entry into the country if they got the visa when they were outside Australia or from the date of the visa if they are inside the country.
However, if the applicant has obtained the visa under the Direct Entry Stream, he can live and work in Australia permanently. Family members can be included in the application. And in case the applicant gets a positive skills assessment and has a post qualification work experience of three years, he can immediately apply for the visa.
The Employee Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186) visa is designed to help Australian employers to hire highly skilled individuals from outside the country. You can get this visa if you have the required qualification and experience.