Vice President (VP), Sales and Marketing
These professionals have got three primary tasks:
- Finding leads for their business.
- Closing sales.
- Ensuring that subordinates are closing the sales.
- Analyse sales statistics to determine sales potential.
- Monitor customer preferences and inventory requirements.
- Ensure that the services are in compliance with professional and company policy standards.
- Plan, direct and set the strategic direction of the sales and marketing program to maximize profits and increase products or services visibility.
- Direct the sales and marketing management staff in effective use and development of business plans and strategies.
- Develop objectives and policies for the sales and marketing department.
- Need to be well versed with their product, distribution, prices and any other potentially relevant details that a customer may need to know.
- They need to be good leaders and supervisors.
- Must be abreast with the performance of their team members and need to ensure that their problem areas are dealt with effectively.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in business or a similar field.
- Extensive experience in sales and marketing.