Safety Officer for a MNC in Dubai who is ISO 9001:2008 certified in interior solutions
The Safety Officer – the individual who is managing and providing oversight of the safety program – is the bureau’s point of contact for the bureaus safety program for malls and buildings, and performs the following functions:
· Must be able to manage all aspects of Health and Safety
· Demonstrable excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively even during times of pressure or emergency..
· Excellent report writing skills
· The ability to work independently as well as effectively in a team in Health and Safety related job requirements
- Provides appropriate safety and health, accident prevention, and investigation training for managers and supervisors.
- Assists management in the annual inspection of workplaces to assure safe and healthy conditions for workers. Prepares appropriate notices for management to issue for abatement of any identified hazards.
- Provides promotional materials and develops and administers recognition systems to promote safe and healthy work performance.
- Assists management and supervisors in investigating accidents and developing measures to prevent recurrences.
- Supports the Safety Management Information System (SMIS) by recording all accident reports in a timely, complete, and accurate manner.
- Assures that claims for injuries and illnesses posted in SMIS are posted in the occupational safety and health administration log.
• Minimum 4 years experience as a Safety Officer from construction background preferably in Shopping Malls, Retail stores and 5 star hotels.
• Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health from professional membership bodies like the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) or NEBOSH (The National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health) etc.,