Y-Axis Foundation is looking for Senior Student Counselors who are extremely passionate about advising students on studying overseas, especially the US.
Working Exclusively for a Prestigious United States Student Counselling Division
Training to be provided by a certified United States training expert
Opportunity to network and travel to the United States
What will you do?
As an advisor on US education, you will be required to provide accurate, comprehensive and impartial advice on higher educational opportunities in the US. Guide students on standardized tests such as TOEFL, SAT, GMAT, and GRE, possible financial aid, and on student visa and travel to the US.
- Counsel and advise students and professionals seeking to study in the U.S. about all aspects of the US college/university admission, financial aid, tests and visa process.
- Provide in-depth information to student’s in-person, via e-mail, telephone and internet tools through one-on-one, group advising sessions and webinars.
- Create awareness about US higher education and conduct outreach programs through participation in education/career fairs, seminars, book fairs, workshops and talks at high schools, colleges/universities and other relevant public forums.
- Liaise and develop contacts with US universities/colleges and Indian higher education institutions and high schools, to facilitate and support their participation in the outreach programs.
- Advise on standardized test requirements and assist in the preparation and administration of the tests, as per the guidelines of the College Board/Educational Testing Services.
- Prepare reports and presentations and develop counseling material on US education, as required.
- Coordinate on logistical issues related to events; venue arrangements, display materials for education fairs, and generating participants for advising sessions and outreach activities.
- Responsible for administrative tasks such as managing the information desk, market survey for new books and resources for the library, and compilation of database & monthly reports.
What are we looking for?
- The role requires at least a Bachelor’s degree; a degree from the US or other overseas universities will be an added advantage.
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience, preferably teaching or advising students on college or university admissions or as a high school guidance counselor.
- Must have knowledge of overseas college and university systems and programs; specifically US Higher educational system.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, parents, educational institutions, and others as needed.
- Experience in organizing events, conferences and educational fairs.
- Must have a passion and desire to guide and advise students about studying overseas.
- Excellent oral and written communication and public speaking skills.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Strong organizational skills with an emphasis on detail and ability to multi-task.
- Strong analytical skills including data gathering, analysis, assessment and evaluation, and evidence-based planning.
- Proficiency in MS Office – Outlook, word, excel, power-point and other presentation tools; database management; adept in Internet-based tools and use of social media