Highlights: H-1B Visa USA Stats of FY 2022
- USCIS set the annual cap for the H-1B category at 65,000.
- 474,301 H-1B visa applications were received in FY 2022, 19.1% more than the 398,296 applications in FY 2021.
- 442,043 H-1b visas were issued in FY 2022, which is 8.6% more than the FY 2021.
- The USCIS accepted 72.6% of H-1B applications from India in FY 2022.
- A majority of occupations for the H-1B were computer-related jobs.
*Looking to work in the USA? Get in touch with our experts at Y-Axis.
H-1B Visa USA: Breakdown of the Stats
- In FY-2022, most of the H-1B applications were majorly for initial and continuing employment.
- USCIS issued 442,043 H-1b visas in FY 2022, of which 132,429 applications were for initial employment.
- The initial employment applications that were approved include both new and concurrent employment.
*Dreaming of building a career in the USA? Avail Y-Axis job search services to help you track the best opportunities based on your qualifications.
Prime factor considered for the H-1B issuance in 2022
The factors that were considered for the H-1B are given below –
- 70.8% of the H-1B applications were allotted to men, while the women received 29%.
- 35.6% of the initial employment applications were accepted for women compared to 26.2% of the continuous employment applications.
- Out of the total number of H-1b applications accepted from India, 76% were given to men and 24% to women.
- The average age for the H-1B applications was 33 years in FY-2022.
- Nearly 65% of the applications for initial employment were primarily received from candidates between the ages of 25-34.
- 62.8% of the continuing employment applications were received from candidates between the ages of 30 and 39.
- 31.7% of the approved applicants were Bachelor’s degree holders.
- 31.1% of the approved applicants had a Master’s degree, while 7.6% had a doctorate.
- 3.1% of the H-1B visa applicants had a professional degree.
*Got plans to study in the USA? Consult experience professionals at Y-Axis for assisted guidance.
- The most common industries among the H-1B workers in 2022 were technical services, professional and scientific sectors.
- 66% of the H-1B candidates belonged to the computer-related occupation.
- 54.7% of the H-1B applicants belonged to the Systems analysis and programming sector next to the computer-related occupations.
- 9.8% of the applicants belonged to the Surveying, architecture, and engineering sectors.
Willing to migrate to the USA? Contact Y-Axis, the world’s no.1 overseas immigration company.
10 million Job vacancies in the US. Unemployment rate drops to 3.5% in March 2023
US prioritizes H-1B visas and L visas for IT professionals from India this summer
US to raise B1/B2 and student visa fees, effective from May 30, 2023
Also Read: Faster processing and interview waivers for US visas, USCIS latest visa updates
Web Story: USCIS issued 442,043 H1b visas in FY 2022. Check your chances of an H1b visa now!