The number of Indian migrants in Australia is growing at an exponential rate. India has the third-largest migrant community in Australia. Every year, a huge number of Indians apply for Australian Permanent Residency and later on citizenship.
The Australian Govt. comes out with its permanent intake admission levels every year based on social and economic targets. For 2019-2020 the Australia Govt. has announced that it will admit 160,000 permanent migrants.
Australia encourages migrants to come and settle in the country. The reasons include:
- Immigration improves productivity, boosts the economy and covers skill gaps in the labour market including those in the rural areas
- Help Australian families reunite with their family member living overseas
- Immigrants bring in cultural diversity which enriches the Australian society
There are two main streams in the Australian migration program:
- Skill Stream: The Australian Govt. has allocated 108,682 visa places to this stream. This stream makes up for 69.5% of the total visa places in the migration program.
- Family Stream: A majority of this stream is made up of Partner Visas. Partner Visas have been allocated 47,732 visa places which makes up for 30.5% of the program.
Here is the breakup of the Skill Stream:
|Skill Stream||No. of places|
|Business Innovation & Investment||6,862|
Here is the breakup of the Family Stream:
|Family Stream||No. of places|
|Other family members||562|
Considering both migrants and citizens, Indians make up the largest migrant group in Australia.
Australia has reduced the immigration intake by 30,000 for this year. India is the largest source country for migrants in Australia. India is also the largest source country for Australian citizenship with more than 28,000 Indians obtaining citizenship every year.
India ranked 1st for the sixth consecutive year as the largest source country for Australian citizenship. On the second and third place are Britain and China respectively. The increase in the number of citizenship applications from Indians is due to the high number of Indians obtaining Australian Permanent Residency under the Skill Stream. 33,611 visa spots of all PR Visas in the Skill Stream went to Indians last year.
Y-Axis offers a wide range of visa services and products for aspiring overseas immigrants including?Australia General Skilled Migration Program via RMA,?Australia Skilled Regional Visa,?Australia Temporary Skilled Work Visa, and?Australia Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485. We work with Registered Migration Agents in Australia.
If you are looking to Visit, Study, Work, Invest or?Migrate to Australia, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Consultant.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…