On April 29, the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) issued invitations to 190 candidates in 14 skilled trades occupations.
Candidates with work experience in the following National Occupational Classification (NOC) codes were selected for the draw.
- Structural metal and plate work fabricators and fitters (NOC 7235)
- Ironworkers (NOC 7236)
- Electricians (NOC 7235)
- Electrical power line and cable workers (NOC 7244)
- Steamfitters, pipefitters and sprinkler system installers (NOC 7252)
- Carpenters (NOC 7271)
- Concrete finishers (NOC 7282)
- Roofers (NOC 7291)
- Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews (NOC 7302)
- Heavy-duty equipment mechanics (NOC 7312)
- Refrigeration and AC mechanics (NOC 7313)
- Machine fitters (NOC 7316)
- Elevator constructors and mechanics (NOC 7381)
- Crane operators (NOC 7371)
The draw has selected occupations that are in demand in Ontario to help businesses recruit candidates with experience in the Skilled trades sector. Candidates with a valid Express Entry profile were selected for this draw.
On gaining a provincial nomination from Ontario, these candidates will get an additional 600 points added to their CRS points. This will ensure that they get an Invitation to Apply (ITA) in a subsequent Express Entry draw.
This was the fourth OINP draw for this year. Just last week Ontario held an Entrepreneur Stream draw in which 26 immigrant entrepreneurs were invited to start their business in Ontario. In the draws held in 2020, the province of Ontario has issued 1,440 invitations to candidates in the Human Capital Priorities Stream, and 242 invitations to candidates in the French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream.
Even with the COVID-19 special measures, now is the best time to apply for Canadian PR. Immigration will help Canada recover from COVID-19.
If you are looking to Work, Study, Invest, Visit, or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No. 1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like it…