Site icon

What documents do you need for an education loan to study abroad?


Students can avail an education loan to study abroad from almost any bank. Basically, what banks check is whether the co-applicant is capable enough to repay the loan.

Here are the documents that you will need to apply for an education loan to study abroad:

The Govt. of India, Finance Ministry, Dept. of Economic Affairs (Banking Division) has accepted the model scheme prepared by IBA. However, it is subject to the following modifications:

Rate of interest

Up to Rs 2 lakhs: PLR

Above Rs 2 lakhs: PLR +1%

The interest is debited on a quarterly/ half-yearly basis during your moratorium period.

A penalty of 2% is charged for amounts exceeding 2 lakhs for the overdue amount and the overdue period.


The moratorium period or repayment holiday is your course period plus one year or six months after getting employed, whichever is earlier.

Y-Axis offers a wide range of visa and immigration services as well as products to the aspiring overseas immigrants including Y-International Resume 0-5 yrs, Y-International Resume (Senior Level) 5+ yrs, Y Jobs, Y-Path, Resume Marketing Services One State and One Country.

If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate Overseas, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.

If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…

Over 2 Lakh Indian Students Went To US In 2018-19

Exit mobile version