Canada offers better work opportunities for immigrants, as the employers from various sectors are equipped to jumpstart their work with the help of the TFWP. This change is for the other temporary international workers too.
The Canadian employees were introduced to accessing temporary foreign workers quickly in Canada.
*Check your eligibility to Canada with Y-Axis Canada Immigration Points Calculator instantly.
These measures had a powerful impact on the labor shortage in Canada. Meanwhile, Canada faces an increase in job opportunities and a decrease in the unemployment rate.
The sole solution to address these labor shortages is to invite temporary foreign workers to take the place of Canadians by occupying their job roles. According to the Government, the workforce of Canada can be built through the changes brought into effect by the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP).
The five essential and immediate changes brought to effect for the TFWP are:
- Labour Market Impact Assessments (LMIAs) are those documents that display a positive effect on the job market of an international worker to the Canadian Government. The validity of LMIAs lasts for 18 months.
- The Global Talent Stream and High-wage worker’s time of employment will be increased from two years to three years. This increase in time will encourage the workers to enlighten themselves through the pathways leading to attaining permanent residence and approving them to support the workforce in Canada for an extended time.
- In extension to these following measures, the Seasonal Cap Exemption, since 2015, will be made permanent. The low-wage jobs opportunities will not have a limit, and they can apply through TFWP. The period for this procedure is 180-270 days every year.
The job market in Canada has become tight compared to the times before the pandemic. The opportunities reached the historic point in the third half of November in 2021. The high demand for jobs in Canada primarily lies in the low-wage sector.
According to Canadian statistics, the highest amount of vacancies were faced in these sectors in November 2021.
- Accommodation and Food Services – 130,070 vacancies
- Health Care and Social Assistance – 119,590 vacancies
- Retail Trade – 103,990 vacancies
- Manufacturing – 81,775 vacancies
The Temporary Foreign Worker Program approved the Global Talent Stream and the High-Wage stream with 5,000 and 23,000 job postings last year. These programs altogether represent the approved LMIA postings by twenty-one percent.
The agricultural workers with a count of 50,000 to 60,000 work in Canada, accounting for 60% of all international workers going to Canada through TFWP each year.
Want to work in Canada? Seek the proper guidance from Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration Overseas Consultant.
Also Read: How can I immigrate to Canada in 2022?
Web Story: Canada relaxes TFWP rules to fulfil labor shortages