Highlights of Canada announces the clearance of visit visa backlogs by February 2023
- IRCC Canada aims to clear visit visa application backlogs by the end of February 2023.
- IRCC has planned to ease eligibility criteria for the visit visa applicants, which might help nearly half a million applications for processing.
- The wait times for visit visas might come down soon with these two potential strategies.
- IRCC will process around 195,000 applications in the first approach and relax the eligibility criteria for 450,000 applicants.
- Canada to begin Flagpoling again to renew work or study permits that lead to Canada PR process.
- Foreign nationals could convert a visit visa from a work visa permit without exiting Canada if they met eligibility criteria.
Top 4 Myths about Canada Immigration
How to apply work visa for Canada in 2023?
Canada gets ready to clear visit visa backlogs by February 2023
- Canada is currently facing huge backlogs of visit visas pending for more than a year.
- IRCC is getting ready to handle the backlog of visit visa applications.
- The Canadian government plans to relax some eligibility criteria, which might help clear more than a half million visit visa applications.
- To shorten the wait times for foreign nationals to visit Canada, IRCC has developed two strategies for visit visa applications.
The table below shows the two strategies that were developed by IRCC to reduce wait times
|1||To process around 195,000 applications in bulk|
|2||To relax eligibility criteria for around 450,000 visit visa applicants.|
- The delay and wait times of visit visas have adversely affected business visas which might affect the Canadian economy.
- Canada requires foreign businesses and more foreign nationals for its economy.
- Canada to re-introduce Flagpoling to attract more foreign skilled workers.
1+ Million Job Vacancies in Canada, StatCan Report
Skilled immigrants are needed in Canada to fill jobs, says housing minister
Convert Visit visa to Work Permit
Suppose a foreign national is on a visit visa permit in Canada, has obtained a job offer from an authorized Canadian employer, and is willing to apply for a work visa or renew study visa. They need not exit Canada to do this. Will be able to apply to stay in Canada when meets specific eligibility criteria.
Flagpoling is utilized when a foreign citizen returns to Canada without entering the USA.
This helps in getting a new temporary residence status by applying for the renewal of study, work visa, or even the Canada PR process.
Willing to get Canada visit visa? Talk to Y-Axis, the world’s no#1 overseas immigration consultant
Also Read: What Canada PR resident can or cannot do?
Web Story: IRCC announces clearing the backlogs of visit visas by February 2023. Get ready to visit now