Highlights: 400,000 new jobs added in Ontario & Saskatchewan, Canada
- Great news for immigrants! Ontario and Saskatchewan added 400,000 new jobs.
- With this addition, the job vacancy rate increased to 5.7% in Canada.
- Healthcare, Hospitality, STEM, Retail Trade, and Manufacturing sectors recorded the highest number of job vacancies in Canada.
- Biggest uptick is seen in payroll employment in Healthcare, Hospitality, and Retail Trade sectors.
*Check your eligibility to Canada through Y-Axis Canada immigration points calculator
Sectors with the highest number of jobs in Canada
As per the StatCan, the following factors are considered to record a job role as vacant
- Currently existing specific job role
- Work for the specific position could start within 30 days
- Employers actively seeking immigrant workers to fill the positions on immediate effect
- Healthcare, Hospitality, STEM, Retail Trade, and Manufacturing sectors recorded the highest number of job vacancies in Canada
|Sectors||No. of job vacancies||Job vacancy rate increased by|
|Health care and Social Assistance||1,59,500||25%|
|Hospitality (Accommodation and Food Services)||1,52,400||12%|
|STEM (Professional Scientific and Technical Services)||61,900||5%|
So, many job vacancies in Canada… Did Canada increased the Payroll …
Yes, a hike in employee payroll is also seen with the increase in the number of jobs. Canadian employers believe that a payroll increase marks the good health of a business, industry, and even economy. Payroll increased by 0.5 percent in September, which showed the largest gains in Quebec, British Columbia, and Alberta.
Biggest uptick in Canadian employment, after increasing payroll
The sectors which have the biggest uptick in employment, after increasing payroll include:
|Sectors||No. of employees benefitted|
|Healthcare and social assistance||+ 20,700 employees|
|Accommodation and food services||+ 8,400 employees|
|Retail Trade||+ 8,200 employees|
With the increase in payroll, these sectors have experienced, positive signs like:
- Increase in hiring activities
- Increases in payroll for people hired
- Increases in the overall value of goods and services produced
These are promising signs for migrants who are willing to migrate to Canada.
*Need expert guidance to apply for Canada PR visa? Y-Axis is here to assist you with accurate procedures to boost your chances.
Job vacancies in Canada, Measures to fill the workforce demands….
- IRCC stated that ‘Canadian immigration is the primary goal to meet the workforce demands in the country.’
- Dropping of CRS score in Express Entry system. As per the analysis from the recent Express Entry Draws, the CRS score continued to drop, and recently it recorded the lowest – 491.
- As per the Canada Immigration Levels Plan 2023-2025, the country is planning for 1.5 million newcomers by 2025. To meet this immigration target and workforce demands, Canada expands economic immigration pathways like Express Entry and PNP (Provincial Nominee Program).
Do you have a dream to migrate to Canada? Talk to World’s no.1 Y-Axis Canada migration consultant.