Canada’s Saskatchewan province has held another round of invitations, targeting entrepreneurs in the biggest Entrepreneur Program draw of 2021.
On November 4, 2021, Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) invited 65 Canada immigration hopefuls through the Saskatchewan PNP’s Entrepreneur category. Saskatchewan is among the Canadian provinces and territories that are a part of the Provincial Nominee Program of Canada.
Through the SINP Entrepreneur Program, an individual might live in Saskatchewan when they either start, purchase or own a business within the province.
This is the third Entrepreneur draw to be held by Saskatchewan PNP in 2021.
|Entrepreneur Draws by the SINP in 2021|
|Date of Draw||Number of Invitations Issued||EOI Score Targeted|
|November 4, 2021||65||All candidates with EOI score 100 points and above were invited.|
|September 2, 2021||41||All candidates with EOI score 110 points and above were invited.|
|July 12, 2021||28||All candidates with EOI score 120 points and above were invited.|
There are four basis steps for applying through the SINP’s Entrepreneur category –
STEP 1: An Expression of Interest (EOI) submission to Saskatchewan PNP.
STEP 2: EOI selection and invitation to submit an application. The selection is based on the EOI score of the candidate. Candidates with the highest score are selected by the SINP.
STEP 3: Establishment of the business in Saskatchewan.
STEP 4: Nomination by the SINP for permanent residence in Canada.
Following the successful completion of an EOI profile, a score is allotted on the basis of certain specific criteria.
Different factors are assessed as per the points grid for the SINP Entrepreneur category.
|Saskatchewan PNP Entrepreneur Category – Points Grid|
|Factors Assessed||Maximum Points Available|
|Official language ability||15|
|Qualifications / Education||15|
|Net business and personal assets||15|
|Business experience||Entreprenurial or farming experience||20|
|Business establishment plan||Investment amount||20|
|Investment in key economic sectors||15|
For managing the number of applications, the SINP selects EOIs based on the score as well as other factors.
Further criteria will be considered for those with the same or equal EOI points score. In such situations, the official language skill is the first factor to be considered. The business planned in Saskatchewan comes next. Finally, individuals that complete an exploratory visit to the province will be considered.
|Saskatchewan PNP Entrepreneur Program|
|Eligible Businesses||Ineligible Businesses|
|· Must lead to economic benefit for Saskatchewan|
· Be an existing business or a new business
· The business must meet the economic needs in Saskatchewan.
· Be a “permanent establishment”
· Meet the legal requirements of the community that the business is operational in
· Be a for-profit entity
· Be sole proprietorships, corporations, or partnerships
· Home-based businesses (includes lodging houses and bed-and-breakfast)
· Any business located in a business incubator project or multi-business retail condo
· Credit unions
· Businesses operated for purposes of income through passive investment
· Pay day loan, money changing, cheque cashing, and cash machines
· Insurance brokerage
· Business brokerage
· Real estate (brokerage, development, and construction)
· Property rental, investment, and leasing activities
· Professional services or self-employed business operators (requiring licensing or accreditation)
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like …