COUNTRIES OFFERING FREE EDUCATION TO INDIAN & INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Earlier, it used to be a dream to get admission in countries offering free education to international students, but it is a reality now. Among them are Scandinavian countries and others where a tuition fee is nominal or even free for international students too. Germany features prominently among them as many of its public universities do not charge tuition fee. Other countries charging nominal tuition fees or offering education free of cost at their universities include Norway, Finland, Sweden, Czech Republic, Austria, France and Belgium, among others.
Germany offers free study for international students at all its public universities, even for those who are not from the EU or EEA. But non-EU/EEA students should obtain residence permit before entering Germany, and will need to finish their studies there. Germany has close to 300 public universities, which offer over 1,000 courses.
Some renowned public universities of Germany are Goethe University Frankfurt, Universität Hamburg, University of Cologne, University of Münster, University of Duisburg-Essen and Technical University of Munich, among others.
Indian and international student can avail free education in Norway’s public universities such as Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences, University of Bergen and Nord University, etc.
Here are 10 countries where one can pursue higher education at nominal expenses:1. Germany: Germany is the top study destination for students looking to pursue their higher education at a minimal cost. An advantage is that many courses here are offered in English, as many international students opt to study in Germany.
2. Austria: Austria is another European country that offers education to international students at very affordable rates. The USP of education here is the various degree programs in advanced subjects that are offered here.
3. France: The French education system, besides being one of the most advanced, charges nominal fees from international students. The county’s universities offer creative as well as mainstream courses.
4. Sweden: Swedish universities offer education with zero tuition fees and also offer scholarships to international students. Students are allowed to earn while studying.
5. Norway: In Norway too, the government offers education at very affordable costs. Norwegian language proficiency is, however, necessary for enrollment.
6. Spain: Spain offers courses ranging from undergraduate to doctoral at minimal rates. It offers high-quality education, besides offering exposure to its rich and diverse culture.
7. Czech Republic: Another cheap country for education is the Czech Republic, where rich culture can be experienced alongside modernization. It is a sought-after study destination in professional disciplines such as sciences, engineering and medical.
8. Belgium: Belgium a study destination with excellent infrastructure and several learning opportunities. The tuition fee charged in this country is minimal.
9. Finland: All the Nordic countries such as Denmark, Norway, Finland, Sweden and Iceland offer opportunities to study at low cost or freely for doctoral level studies. The fee charged depends on the course selected by students.
10. Iceland: Public universities in Iceland do not charge any tuition fees. Application fee, however, is charged, which varies often between €250 and €650. Although its private educational institutions charge tuition fees, they are lower when compared to other institutions in Europe.
How it Works
Students or their guardians may contact Y-Axis
Register on signup.y-axis.com/student
A preliminary counsellor is assigned by our system
Get Free counselling
Get your questions answered
Provide information so that we can assist you better
Sign up for advanced counselling session
Get your counselling report with course recommendations
Benefit from application documentation and student visa services handled by our specialists(included)
Make the right decision with Y-Axis
- Focused service to find the best country and place for you to study
- Evaluate migration and job potential
- Tried and tested process
- Based on Y-Path, a patented career counselling process
- Structured, step-by-step approach
- Get the right advice to maximize your career opportunities
- Combine with other services such as course recommendation (1, up to 3, up to 10)
- Initial counselling is free
Why choose us?
- Course with migration focus
- Post study services
- Since 1999
- Global Presence
- Experienced counsellors
- 1000s of successes